GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Expected gains from k&n drop-in air filter on APR stage 1?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I tried to search first but wasn't having much luck. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
You won't notice or feel any difference. Best way to go is with an actual intake.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it'll help it breath better and might feel some response improvement but if you're looking for noise it won't help.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Don't really "need" the noise. Also it's easier to tell the wife, I need a new air filter as opposed to I need a cold air intake. [emoji57] I make the money, she handles the money.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I liked hearing the cold air intake on my civic. I like hearing the turbo on the gti. I wouldn't want to mask that.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Whats your reasoning for wanting a intake? Are you tuned or planning on getting tuned?

Since your wifes involved try buying a used intake from forums or ebay, much easier to justify and you'll be able to make your money back when its time to sell it :) Thanks what i ended up doing, purchased an APR Carbino for $150.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Already APR stage 1 and totally happy with it... If only these factory tires would hold on acceleration.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Are you on the old tune or the new V2 update?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Old tune. DSG.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
This would be the perfect opportunity for you to upgrade to the new stage 1+ v2 update.

Initially my car was stock with the old tune. After they released the new V2 update i purchased the Carbino intake, super quite intake but turbo noise is louder, and went Stage 1+.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Turbo noise is louder?

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
You will love new V2.1 Stg+1 with CAI. I had Afe dry filter and moved to IE CAI recently.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Yes, when i threw on my intake when i was stage 1 it was a little louder, not really noticeable though. But after updating to the 1+ the turbo noise was much more noticeable while driving off the lot. It was a nice surprise.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Yes, when i threw on my intake when i was stage 1 it was a little louder, not really noticeable though. But after updating to the 1+ the turbo noise was much more noticeable while driving off the lot. It was a nice surprise.

Hells yeah! How much did they charge?