GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG slipping?

ProofOfPayment

Ready to race!
Hey so I've had Revo stage 1 for a while now, and this problem only occurs while on a tuned map.

Basically, when upshifting at 3-4k rpm into third primarily, the car would jerk (feel like slipping), doesn't happen in high rpms (lower torque) and mostly in manual mode. Also, I noticed that all shifts at 3k rpm if you hold it there before shifting are super slow--about a full second. Don't know if this is normal.

Confused. Need new clutch packs? Mechatronics? Currently have warranty but can't replicate it without the tune... Might get a DSG tune test flash to see if it fixes anything.

I'm told it feels like slipping but I'm also told DSGs don't really slip (80k kms, DSG service done at 57k kms)

TIA

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
Hey so I've had Revo stage 1 for a while now, and this problem only occurs while on a tuned map.

Basically, when upshifting at 3-4k rpm into third primarily, the car would jerk (feel like slipping), doesn't happen in high rpms (lower torque) and mostly in manual mode. Also, I noticed that all shifts at 3k rpm if you hold it there before shifting are super slow--about a full second. Don't know if this is normal.

Confused. Need new clutch packs? Mechatronics? Currently have warranty but can't replicate it without the tune... Might get a DSG tune test flash to see if it fixes anything.

I'm told it feels like slipping but I'm also told DSGs don't really slip (80k kms, DSG service done at 57k kms)

TIA
Highly unlikely that DSG is slipping, I am at k04 power levels for over 20k miles now and it doesn't slip. All types of jerking and shifting into gears issues on DSG box are related to the Mechatronic unit. You might be a lucky one that all your issues because DSG calibration is off and that can be quickly fixed by doing DSG adaptation routine through VCDS/Vag-Com tool.
Here is the link http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E)
If it doesn't help then replacing mechatronic unit is the only option.

ProofOfPayment

Ready to race!
I did the adaptation a few times (over the course of a year) and this did nothing. VW tells me whatever odd behavior in stock tune is normal and won't budge to replace the unit. Sad.

was also thrown a theory that it could be a mount. Possible I suppose.

peluconan

Check your DSG oil level first. Sometimes bad level results in jerkiness or someone like clutch slipping.

do it happens at WOT or at parcial throttle load?

zrickety

The Fixer
Have you tried manual mode? The hesitation is normal if you are letting off the gas. You may also have some diff wear, but I would check the level first as others said. Don't measure, use the plastic level that sits in the hole and fill until it comes out.