GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kid with BRZ called me out... lol

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Kid in my school was revving his stock exhaust BRZ at me called me out to roll race with his only mod being an intake, me being stage 2 gladly accepted. Don't know what he was thinking to ask me but I'm sure it was a little embarrassing after I got 2 cars immediately on him and just let off the throttle to coast. Was expecting to get a "Nice race man! That car is quick" but instead he said "Oh we'll see how that car does when I get an exhaust and tune" :thumbdown: Will get a video for when he comes back "tuned"

zrickety

The Fixer
Tell him to come back with a turbo kit.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
He's going to need a turbo to hang. At that point your are going to need atleast k04 to hang.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Even the basic turbo ones aren't fast. It's only the people with an 80 trim turbo and build motor making any decent power. And then they are replacing transmissions every other day. They were meant to go around turns, not be fast!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Even the basic turbo ones aren't fast. It's only the people with an 80 trim turbo and build motor making any decent power. And then they are replacing transmissions every other day. They were meant to go around turns, not be fast!

This is so accurate!! I constantly was on a guys bumper at the track on the straights if not passing him, but once a turn happened he got a car length or two on me.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion

I agree with this.

I can only vouch for this kit, as its the only one I have any reference to:

http://www.revworksinc.com/Rev-Works-GTX3076R-Kit-_p_3437.html

but it will cost you an arm and a leg with bolt ons to reach that power. Not even worth it to me, but that is just me.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Does this stuff happen to you guys a lot? I swear every week at least two people ask to run them... then again, these are mostly V6 cars/other 4 bangers.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
lol, a tune and an exhaust on a 200 hp NA motor...that'll be some sick power

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
LOL...brz kids need to stick to living vicariously through TJ Hunt cause they will never be fast.

Does this stuff happen to you guys a lot? I swear every week at least two people ask to run them... then again, these are mostly V6 cars/other 4 bangers.

After beating a few 350s, Subis, mustangs and a c6 Vette I have built up a bit of a reputation. Unfortunately I have to drive a ways to get people to do a friendly roll

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
"TJ Hunts BRZ is fast, I guess mine is as well"

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion

Not me, never happens.

The last time anybody wanted to play it was clear that they were just having fun because it was another VW. Just a fun run through the gears with another like-minded enthusiast.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
lol, a tune and an exhaust on a 200 hp NA motor...that'll be some sick power

They do show pretty good gains with bolt-ons and tune:

I'd bet one could give a stock GTI a pretty close run.

ben_m

Ready to race!
40Hp and 50ft/lbs with intake, exhaust and tune? I'd be curious to see how that translates to real world gains. I remember reading how RX-8's would be boosted and still only show relatively moderate gains at the track.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
LOL...brz kids need to stick to living vicariously through TJ Hunt cause they will never be fast.

After beating a few 350s, Subis, mustangs and a c6 Vette I have built up a bit of a reputation. Unfortunately I have to drive a ways to get people to do a friendly roll

This one was at the half mile I was in a few weeks back. More than held its own. The stock one was the slowest car there tho.