GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Gotcha.

2 things: Your GIF under your username looks kind of like closing in on a strange floppy flame-y vagina

i wonder which mounts would be most crucial to keep for proper torque transfer. I know the more mounts the merrier for transferring torque but i think i'd like to tone it down a notch LOL

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Got some wheels last night :)

10k miles on em so good as new! They are 18's; the 19's look alot better but whatcha gonna do!

CADIZ 1.jpg

CADIZ 2.jpg

CADIZ 3.jpg

CADIZ 4.jpg

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Gonna look 10x better with lowering springs if you go that route

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Oh yea, I agree, it looks higher now than it did with the detroits even though they are the same size. Lame!

Would like to lower maybe sometime down the road but for now definitely like the ride quality and don't wanna ruin it.

Jaber

Modero
DG Springs FTW. Only made it a bit bumpier, with the original struts/shocks.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah i'd probly go the VWR route, new swaybar endlinks, probly just new oem bushings where needed like lower CABs, and rear sway bar. solid setup.

But that's maybe sometime in the summer. For now I'm planning to give the car a serious polish sometime in the next few weeks, work on the details so it doesn't look like so much of a clunker.

Think i'm going to vynil wrap the lower bumper area where the fog grille 'whiskers' go into and the piece wraps under the lower grille - you know so it looks more like the MK7 does? Know it will be a pain in the ass to remove and disassemble everything but i love the look.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow yeah

riceburner

Autocross Champion
ordered some more stuff:

Euro tail lights dark cherry
4 sq ft of pure white vynil to wrap the lower trim under the front grille
Cam follower kit
White rear badge inlay
LED interior kit
Rear wiper delete
Magnetic oil plug
APR steering wheel badge
LED license plate lights

riceburner

Autocross Champion
What the fluidampr? Idk man, if i was smart i would have taken the one off of my MK7 but they buyer wanted it. It did make the idle a little smoother and maybe made like 10hp... worth it maybe? idk.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The fluidampr is heavier I believe but its fluid filled properties are what really helps with engine harmonics - something that may be useful when we are talking about a car suspect to vibrations as is with full mounts!

The engine is pretty smooth but definitely shakes a good bit at idle

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
BASICALLY heres the issues I've gathered.

When in drive mode, and trying to stop, the trans rows through the gears and gives me some resistance to stopping. Like stopping is not very linear and feels kinda rough. I really didn't notice it during test driving, yall know how that goes lol.

Idling of course is rough due to full stg2 engine mounts but it really feels bad when starting off from a stop. Sometimes i feel the car engage the gear slightly delayed and it doesn't exactly 'hit' or 'buck' as some have reported but it doesn't feel too pretty either. SOME gearshifts are delayed when i hit the paddle, if i am going WOT in full auto mode it seems to stay at redline before shifting sometimes. Believe it only is for the odd gears which seems reminiscent of some's complaints of a faulty mech. solenoid.

Finally, sometimes downshifting is a tad delayed, or 1st gear really is not smooth where the ones i test drove did seem to downshift without feeling a thing.

NO DSG FARTS!

that all seems like kinda normal DSG behavior man. Its a great gearbox but its weird too

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
that all seems like kinda normal DSG behavior man. Its a great gearbox but its weird too
Accurate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yeah okay guys, now that i've had it a few more days i'm 'getting the hang of it' and starting to think it all may be normal.

REALLY SUCKED last night going through bumper to bumper traffic in and out of chicago. You can tell the clutch is slipping in and out of 1st gear at 0-4 mph which is exactly the rate traffic wanted to go. Like 5mph and above you can tell its solid in gear but anything under and the trans shudder is really prevalent. Doesn't really feel like the car goes into 'neutral' when you're off the gas going that slow, or stopped for that matter, as when i actually shift into neutral the vibrations decrease a good bit.

Only other real complaint is, in auto mode (which is gonna be rare for me) the car really doesn't wanna downshift, and doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to do when hard on the gas. Like it shifts out of 1st gear at 4k rpms, or jumps down a gear real quick then hops into 5th gear while flooring it going 40? that can't be normal. Seems fine in manual mode overall.