GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #1
SoWalGTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
SoWalGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Posts: 526
Car shows and Mk6's

Curious, in your area if Mk6s even garner a look at car shows?

I've been to a few local car shows now, and while my car isn't radical, I'd say its a pretty clean performance build thus far. I rarely even get a look from spectators unless they are other VW owners asking me questions.

I'm not looking for trophies or glam here, but I do take the time to go to these things to be social and talk to other owners.

How does the Mk6 platform fare where you are?
__________________
'12 CW, K04, Manual, Stock+. FOR SALE | Instagram: SoWalGTI
SoWalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
mikeleemk6
Formula 5000 Driver
 
mikeleemk6's Avatar
 
Drives: Shadow Blue GTI MK6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWalGTI View Post
Curious, in your area if Mk6s even garner a look at car shows?

I've been to a few local car shows now, and while my car isn't radical, I'd say its a pretty clean performance build thus far. I rarely even get a look from spectators unless they are other VW owners asking me questions.

I'm not looking for trophies or glam here, but I do take the time to go to these things to be social and talk to other owners.

How does the Mk6 platform fare where you are?
Its great here. I am in Florida too. Not sure what shows you are going to. Fixxfest, Simply Clean, Clean Culture, iLovedrivingslow. Just to name some of the local ones.
mikeleemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #3
SoWalGTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
SoWalGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeleemk6 View Post
Its great here. I am in Florida too. Not sure what shows you are going to. Fixxfest, Simply Clean, Clean Culture, iLovedrivingslow. Just to name some of the local ones.
I'm up in Northwest Florida. Panhandle. I'm not even sure we can be compared to Central and South Florida. I know, I grew up in Tampa and travel there every month for work still.
__________________
'12 CW, K04, Manual, Stock+. FOR SALE | Instagram: SoWalGTI
SoWalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
mikeleemk6
Formula 5000 Driver
 
mikeleemk6's Avatar
 
Drives: Shadow Blue GTI MK6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWalGTI View Post
I'm up in Northwest Florida. Panhandle. I'm not even sure we can be compared to Central and South Florida. I know, I grew up in Tampa and travel there every month for work still.
Ah gotcha. Forgot another goody is Eurotripper. But most of those aren't "local" to me like a 2 1/2 hour drive. But Florida wise, the shows are great here.
mikeleemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion
 
sterkrazzy's Avatar
 
Drives: mk6 gti
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 2,218
You gotta have bags and bacon fenders to get any attention.
__________________
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #6
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion
 
snobrdrdan's Avatar
 
Drives: a VW
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7,838
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
You gotta have bags and hideous wheels to get any attention.
FTFY

because stancebro nation for life
__________________
2017 Passat VR6
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
mikeleemk6
Formula 5000 Driver
 
mikeleemk6's Avatar
 
Drives: Shadow Blue GTI MK6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 1,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
You gotta have bags and bacon fenders to get any attention.
I have bags but my fenders are not baconed. So no, you don't.
mikeleemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:23 AM   #8
c72k
FIA GT Champion
 
Drives: Mk5 GTI Fahrenheit
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,295
Nothing at the meets here for JDM/other types of cars. Obviously the VW/VAG shows they do.
c72k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,031
Hi other Florida Peoples.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #10
Yayotas
Oval Newbie
 
Yayotas's Avatar
 
Drives: Mk6 golf 2.5l
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jax
Posts: 140
Hello my florida mk6 fam. I'm in Jax. We have a couple of mk6 here but we travel for the shows. Simply clean is the closet one that is pretty big


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Instagram: @Yayotas | Golf 2.5L, ST coils, One perfect Dose LED tails, DeAutoKey LED interior and License Plate, Custom Exhaust, Brada Wheels BR-10 | DUUUUUUUUVAL Go Jags!
Yayotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 19,260
Our local group got some attention at a show last year. We aren't really show car guys at all, some track cars and other just tastfully modded cars geared towards the perfomance side of things vs bags and ramz. We took away a few trophies at this event lol. The hardcore showcar guys were a bit butthurt

__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #12
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver
 
thedude4bides's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 8,991
At car shows of all makes no one gives two shits about mk6's... except the people you mentioned (other VW owners).

At VW car events, most people only care about bags and bacon fenders.
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #13
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 6,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude4bides View Post
At car shows of all makes no one gives two shits about mk6's... except the people you mentioned (other VW owners).

At VW car events, most people only care about bags and bacon fenders.
I dont go to shows.. but if i went to a VW meet im looking for mk1 and mk2s.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
SoWalGTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
SoWalGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Posts: 526
So my assumptions are pretty much norm.

The Mk6 is just not a conversation car.
__________________
'12 CW, K04, Manual, Stock+. FOR SALE | Instagram: SoWalGTI
SoWalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.