GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #1317
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
Would need to log it to know for sure
Way too late for that now. I did get some logs to try and work with APR to fix it, but I can't even remember what I ended up doing with them now. I switched to stratified months ago and it cleared up all my issues.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #1318
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Way too late for that now. I did get some logs to try and work with APR to fix it, but I can't even remember what I ended up doing with them now. I switched to stratified months ago and it cleared up all my issues.
you put them in the trash folder along with their tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #1319
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
you put them in the trash folder along with their tune.

I wish I could remember what actually happened though...I find it hard to believe that I took logs 4-5 sets of logs twice (since I did it wrong the first time) and then did nothing with the logs. I'm pretty sure I tried to reach out to APR using the form on their website and never heard anything back.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #1320
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
The differences I've seen were the stage 2 unitronic tune the one guy (forgot his sn) and a Cobb protune. Differences in power were pretty substantial though.
What are we talking here, slow pull, walking? 0-60, 30-100?
If it makes more, is it top end, mid range? I had eurodyne stg2 and rode in apr stg2, power shapes were different, but there is a max area for any turbo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #1321
tofuD01
Oval Newbie

Drives: VW Golf Mk6 Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatspsychotic View Post
Can you elaborate on this? Box code?
Can't remember the box code but this is the ECU firmware on my car at the moment, will need to check my car in the morning as it's late.

5K0907115N

Says vehicle is unsupported when I try to pair up the AP.

Submitted to Cobb and they said to wait for next update..
2010 GTi DSG || APR ECU Stage 2 v2.4 | TCU v1.6 || APR Downpipe || Pipercross Intake || Soundaktor Delete || VWR Springs w/ TT struts || 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert || GFB DV+ w/ main spring || GY Eagle F1 A3 (fronts) || 'R8' Coilpacks + BKR7EIX (0.025") || Vibrant bottle resonator
tofuD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #1322
adema69
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Unless you are k04 or bigger there really isn't some undiscovered power you gain from custom tune. The tune may be better suited for your gas quality, intercooler, etc but its still stage 1 or stage 2.
If you have apr already, just get apr crackles. No need to reinvent your boat.

100% inaccurate. If you get a dyno tune on a stock turbo the tune is suited for your vehicle. With a dyno tune your power band is more linear and smoother then a bench flash. You may or may not make more hp but the power band will be 100 times better than a regular flash.
adema69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #1323
avni
Oval Champion

Drives: MK6
I always hear people going off about APRs tune.

I find the tune very smooth on DSG.

Maybe because I havent tried or been in another modded golf.

Maybe mine is just lucky.

LOVE THE APR TUNE shit roars when I get on it.
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #1324
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by adema69 View Post
100% inaccurate. If you get a dyno tune on a stock turbo the tune is suited for your vehicle. With a dyno tune your power band is more linear and smoother then a bench flash. You may or may not make more hp but the power band will be 100 times better than a regular flash.
Linear power and more power are two totally different things. As I said, the custom route adjusts for your items but does not make some new power discovery.
For example apr tunes for apr stuff. Then people buy neuspeed, uni, etc parts and don't understand why the tune feels weird. That and altitude changes, fuel quality, car quality (carbon, plugs, etc)
7 years later, there is no way cobb all of a sudden found something new the other tuners different.

Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #1325
adema69
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Linear power and more power are two totally different things. As I said, the custom route adjusts for your items but does not make some new power discovery.
For example apr tunes for apr stuff. Then people buy neuspeed, uni, etc parts and don't understand why the tune feels weird. That and altitude changes, fuel quality, car quality (carbon, plugs, etc)
7 years later, there is no way cobb all of a sudden found something new the other tuners different.

Again if you read what I said it clearly states a dyno tune. Not an ots cobb file and apr does not do this. To answer your question about cobb not finding something new well they did actually. They offer a tune that is over the shelf but with the capability to have someone tune your car to your mods and environment.
adema69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #1326
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
So, how long does it take for my tune to come in? Ive been super eager waiting for 4 days lol

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #1327
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
So, how long does it take for my tune to come in? Ive been super eager waiting for 4 days lol
my initial flash tune from stratified took about a week to get after submitting my mod list. Then it took a few days to get a response when i sent my MAF calibration logs.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #1328
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:

Youre right cobb didnt do anything different. The thing that makes them different is the ability for ANY of their dealers to custom tune your car. I have a file specific to my fuel, environment, altitude and mods thanks to stratified.
Thats what Cobb brought to the table, the ability for customization with a larger dealer network and better support in comparison to Eurodyne.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #1329
danman1280
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 MK GTI K04
So, in order for someone that has a tune with another tuner like GIAC, would I have to flash back to stock then apply the Cobb tune or could I just flash the tune without having to go back to stock?
danman1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #1330
Alex@Stratified
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman1280 View Post
So, in order for someone that has a tune with another tuner like GIAC, would I have to flash back to stock then apply the Cobb tune or could I just flash the tune without having to go back to stock?
For most tuned vehicles we found that the AP will install over an existing tune.
Alex@Stratified is offline   Reply With Quote