GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:34 AM   #29
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart2278 View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you are on about. You can disagree with the rant, but I am/was perfectly aware of my options during the transaction. I have an issue with asking for a tip, when a tip is reserved for servers at sit down restaurants.
Starbucks ask for tips, the little local donut place has a tip jar, my deli has a tip jar, almost every food establishment i have seen has some form of tip jar whether the person is sitting or ordering from a window.

I dont think its that uncommon for the tip jar to be seen, i think youre just taken aback at panera using their technology for a tip jar as well.

Theres a little taco place in my area where you walk up and order than then they call your name and you come back and grab the food and their Credit Card thing ask if you want to leave a tip. were living in the.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #30
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Starbucks ask for tips, the little local donut place has a tip jar, my deli has a tip jar, almost every food establishment i have seen has some form of tip jar whether the person is sitting or ordering from a window.

I dont think its that uncommon for the tip jar to be seen, i think youre just taken aback at panera using their technology for a tip jar as well.

Theres a little taco place in my area where you walk up and order than then they call your name and you come back and grab the food and their Credit Card thing ask if you want to leave a tip. were living in the.....

I do see tip jars at local establishments quite often, and now that you say it, I think you are right about the technology thing. If there was just a jar that said tips on it, at Panera, I don't think I would care. People don't usually carry cash anymore, so asking about a tip on the screen probably yields a higher percentage of people tipping. For some reason it feels more intrusive or pushy, but maybe it's just the logical next step in asking for tips...It never occurred to me.
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • Mabotech m380h w/tune
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #31
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
. For some reason it feels more intrusive or pushy, but maybe it's just the logical next step in asking for tips...It never occurred to me.
I completely agree with this. The first time i was like wtf? but then as i was sitting there eating im like.. well that makes sense i haven't carried cash on me in like 2 years.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #32
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure what you are on about. You can disagree with the rant, but I am/was perfectly aware of my options during the transaction. I have an issue with asking for a tip, when a tip is reserved for servers at sit down restaurants.
Sorry to upset you, I seem to have somehow touched a raw nerve. I just didn't get your rant.

The tip is not reserved for the server. You don't realize that tips are split between servers, cashiers, cooks & dishwashers? That tip is split up many ways. I will tip, but if asked when I'm purchasing I usually don't.

My .02 for what that's worth. Life is just too short to worry about the little stuff. Rant on if it works for you.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #33
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
Sorry to upset you, I seem to have somehow touched a raw nerve. I just didn't get your rant.

The tip is not reserved for the server. You don't realize that tips are split between servers, cashiers, cooks & dishwashers? That tip is split up many ways. I will tip, but if asked when I'm purchasing I usually don't.

My .02 for what that's worth. Life is just too short to worry about the little stuff. Rant on if it works for you.
I'm not upset, your comment just didn't have much substance. I'm aware that at places that do not have servers, the tip is for all the employees. I do tip at local shops that I frequent often, bc I know the people and the service is great. It was, as lilonespaz discovered, the perceived intrusiveness that I didn't like about asking for a tip on the card reader.

The reason for the rant is to get other peoples perspective or thoughts on my experience. And since I know none of you and it's the internet, people are more than happy to tell you exactly how they feel. The exchange of ideas and perspective is the best thing about the internet. Although, most of the time one is trolled or just simply shit on.
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • Mabotech m380h w/tune
Old 06-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #34
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
Quote:
Although, most of the time one is trolled or just simply shit on.
Sorry you feel that way it wasn't my intention at all.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #35
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
Sorry you feel that way it wasn't my intention at all.
That was not directed towards you. If anything you first comment was low effort. Nothing wrong with that, especially since you took the time to continue the conversation.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #36
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
So... you're mad about just the tip?

thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:31 AM   #37
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Yea it gets a little crazy. I will do so.
Seriously watch it, it's one of the better episodes of the newer ones
Old 07-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #38
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Seriously watch it, it's one of the better episodes of the newer ones
south park always hits most social justice things direct and fair.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #39
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Best part about living in Japan, perfect service and I don't have to tip.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #40
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
Less than $10/person expensive? Did someone force you to go there? You are what you eat. Just sayin.
OP is a sandwich or salad. Ok.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:29 PM   #41
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
I just use their Kiosk thing to order and pay. Only a matter of time before robots hand me my food.
And then you;ll be expected to tip them. they have robot families that rely on their wages.

╬╬╣
Old 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #42
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

I'll gripe about Panera too.. they got rid of the best bagel variety they had on the menu. Jalapeno Cheddar. Was super pissed and haven't gotten breakfast from them since then.

╬╬╣