GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 MK6 GTI Sunroof Rattle

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Whenever I hit the slightest bit of rough road, it sounds like my car is falling apart. I'm hearing either metal on metal, or glass on metal coming from the sunroof. It sounds like the entire thing is literally shaking on the track. When I open it slightly, it stops. Does anybody know a fix for this? I've done some digging, but haven't found a good fix yet.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Whenever I hit the slightest bit of rough road, it sounds like my car is falling apart. I'm hearing either metal on metal, or glass on metal coming from the sunroof. It sounds like the entire thing is literally shaking on the track. When I open it slightly, it stops. Does anybody know a fix for this? I've done some digging, but haven't found a good fix yet.

Bump. Any help?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
There is a sunroof recalibration somewhere. Search around, maybe that will help it seat correctly.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Someone recommended to take off the rubber accordion sides and check the 3 torx screws on each side. All were tight. I loosened them and retightened them just in case. Still hearing a loud clanking rattle coming from the sunroof :(

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Bumping this. The sound went away for months and is now back louder than ever. When I open the shade, it sounds like the sunroof is about to fly off the track it's so clanky. Everything is well lubed, greased and tight. Can't replicate the noise by shaking it physically with my hand.