GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #15
Ik1015
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: mk5 ug
I wonder how NVH stage-1 mounts are almost same as stock ( said 3~4%) and how not noticeable? ......Poly is poly.
Hyde reviewed BFI tranny mount to increase NVH, so he moved to 034 mounts once.

Did anyone install and compare different mounts like BSH vs VF vs ECS(spam) vs Torque solution vs BFI? Each mounts are different durometer, BSH-85A, TS-75A, BFI-70A....
Ik1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #16
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Also curious on the NVH
Old 10-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #17
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
I just donít think these mounts would work for people like myself with catch cans that mount to the engine mount. Hmmm.
Get creative with the catch can mounting. I have bfi stage 2 mounts and just flipped the mounting arm on my catch can to use one of the headlight bolts instead of the motor mount.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:03 PM   #18
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ik1015 View Post
I wonder how NVH stage-1 mounts are almost same as stock ( said 3~4%) and how not noticeable? ......Poly is poly.
Hyde reviewed BFI tranny mount to increase NVH, so he moved to 034 mounts once.

Did anyone install and compare different mounts like BSH vs VF vs ECS(spam) vs Torque solution vs BFI? Each mounts are different durometer, BSH-85A, TS-75A, BFI-70A....
Hyde had mixed match mounts. He did not use a full set until he went 034. 70a is the reason, you are thinking that all mounts are the same density. But as you increase from say 70 up to a track mount of 85 there is a big jump in NVH.
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R sport, H&R adjustable rear sway 26mm, Koni orange, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #19
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Get creative with the catch can mounting. I have bfi stage 2 mounts and just flipped the mounting arm on my catch can to use one of the headlight bolts instead of the motor mount.

Ehhh, Iíd prefer not nig rigging key components like that. Weíll see when we get there. Iím sure I can find a longer bolt to switch instead of using the provided with the mount.
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #20
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Ehhh, Iíd prefer not nig rigging key components like that. Weíll see when we get there. Iím sure I can find a longer bolt to switch instead of using the provided with the mount.
We must have different definitions of what "rigging" is. I just flipped the mounting arm to the other side and used an existing bolt for the headlight. Just as sturdy as mounting to the engine mount if you ask me.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #21
Ik1015
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: mk5 ug
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerT View Post
Hyde had mixed match mounts. He did not use a full set until he went 034. 70a is the reason, you are thinking that all mounts are the same density. But as you increase from say 70 up to a track mount of 85 there is a big jump in NVH.
IIRC, Hyde had BFI stg-1 engine mount first and it's OK w/ NVH and later added tranny mount, but He replaced to 034 rubber mounts shortly due to NVH.
I knew all mounts are different durometer, so I wonder how much NVH is different b/w 70A and 75A? and everyone has different sensitive.
Anyone has installed one to another? and comments?
Ik1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
We must have different definitions of what "rigging" is. I just flipped the mounting arm to the other side and used an existing bolt for the headlight. Just as sturdy as mounting to the engine mount if you ask me.

Well that works for you, thatís not the rig. was expecting. Iíll have to have a look but I know my can and mounting arm arenít flat like yours. You probably just clear the hood too. Iíll check when I can and see what my options may be.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #23
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ik1015 View Post
IIRC, Hyde had BFI stg-1 engine mount first and it's OK w/ NVH and later added tranny mount, but He replaced to 034 rubber mounts shortly due to NVH.
I knew all mounts are different durometer, so I wonder how much NVH is different b/w 70A and 75A? and everyone has different sensitive.
Anyone has installed one to another? and comments?
Yea he did the trans mount but never all three like this set is. I think you have to balance the three mounts together to get an honest opinion of the set.

I would also be interested in see if anyone have had multiple mounts.

So speaking from my current setup I am just really happy with what they add to how the car feels and drives.
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R sport, H&R adjustable rear sway 26mm, Koni orange, R8 coils
Old 10-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #24
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerT View Post
Yea he did the trans mount but never all three like this set is. I think you have to balance the three mounts together to get an honest opinion of the set.

I would also be interested in see if anyone have had multiple mounts.

So speaking from my current setup I am just really happy with what they add to how the car feels and drives.
I agree, I usually see people post that NVH changes (less vibrations) when doing all the mounts, versus just one or two areas.

I have 034 Billet Insert, APR Pendulum and 034 SD Engine/Trans mount. I personally think NVH increase is pretty minimal, kind of wish I went with BF Stage 1, for something a little more stiff. I did the insert and pendulum first, at the same time. I want to say majority of the NVH was from that. When I got the engine/trans mount installed, NVH felt like it was less in some circumstances, but increased a tiny bit more during traffic and when using AC. Using reverse, feels the same as stock, to me. I do enjoy the increase of sound froom the engine

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #25
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

This pretty much sells the kit for me other than everyoneís first hand experiences and reviews!

https://youtu.be/biXb6RNPh70
Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #26
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:

Check it son...

https://store.blackforestindustries....iclcamoha.html
Old 10-20-2017, 06:46 PM   #27
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Quote:
Good find! I will need to buy these! Only $9 heck yea
Old 10-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #28
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Canít deny it. Whateverís clever.