GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf 2.5L Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
NY_SilverBullet
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: VW Golf
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New York,NY
Posts: 33
Quality 2.5 Exhaust sound: AWE Vs. Eurojet ?

Hello everyone..deciding on an exhaust. seems like the top contenders are AWE & Eurojet. which one produces that throaty 5 cylinder sound without the drone, but also gives a mature screaming rumble.

NY_SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
FlowMK6
Touring Car Champion
 
FlowMK6's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf 2.5 6speed MT
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_SilverBullet View Post
Hello everyone..deciding on an exhaust. seems like the top contenders are AWE & Eurojet. which one produces that throaty 5 cylinder sound without the drone, but also gives a mature screaming rumble.

AWE is really loud, but seems to have a resonator so drone should be reduced and here is a quote from their website:

"There is no interior drone at any rpms and sound volume (interior and exterior) is quite civilized."

Eurojet is going to be hard to find, their website is gone, they are now RevoTechnik and they doesn't seems to sell any 2.5 product on their website. When the eurojet website was still online, I tried to get an exhaust from them and they could't supply my order so they told me I could buy it at ModdedEuro, but I got an issue with shippment, so finally I ended up buying a TechtonicTuning Exhaust which sounds great ! If you are looking to get a exhaust from them, buy the version with 2 mufflers, it cost more, but it worth it !

Here is a sample of how it sound (single borla muffler):

FlowMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:57 AM   #3
madbikes
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 Golf 2.5L 5-speed
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 337
I love my AWE exhaust. It really opens up the nice sound of the 5-cylinder, but on the loud side from the inside of the car. It only drones at a small rpm range around 2200, but otherwise the exhaust is quiet if you are cruising on the freeway (2012+ 5-speed does 65@2000rpm).
__________________
APR-Carbonio intake/United Motorsports Tuned/Black Forest Industries 2.5L Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch kit/Black Forest Industries Stage 1 Motor mount+transmission mount+dogbone insert/Bilstein PSS coilovers/034 Motorsport Rear Sway Bar/StopTech ST-40 328mm Big Brake Kit/StopTech stainless steel brake lines
madbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #4
eyedeas
Autocross Champion
 
eyedeas's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Golf 2.5 5spd
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 95
Why would you suggest 2 mufflers? Do you think your single is too loud?



Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowMK6 View Post
AWE is really loud, but seems to have a resonator so drone should be reduced and here is a quote from their website:

"There is no interior drone at any rpms and sound volume (interior and exterior) is quite civilized."

Eurojet is going to be hard to find, their website is gone, they are now RevoTechnik and they doesn't seems to sell any 2.5 product on their website. When the eurojet website was still online, I tried to get an exhaust from them and they could't supply my order so they told me I could buy it at ModdedEuro, but I got an issue with shippment, so finally I ended up buying a TechtonicTuning Exhaust which sounds great ! If you are looking to get a exhaust from them, buy the version with 2 mufflers, it cost more, but it worth it !

Here is a sample of how it sound (single borla muffler):

eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #5
NotAFastVW
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: White 2012 VW Golf 2.5l
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5
FYI

Just an FYI, Eurojet is making the MK5/MK6 2.5L exhaust again, just went live about a week ago. Price: $549.00.

Link to the product on their cite - http://eurojetracing.com/exhausts/mk...atback-exhaust

Last edited by NotAFastVW; 04-21-2018 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Link
NotAFastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:41 PM   #6
Staver
Go Kart Champion
 
Drives: 2012 MKVI Golf - 2.5L
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAFastVW View Post
Just an FYI, Eurojet is making the MK5/MK6 2.5L exhaust again, just went live about a week ago. Price: $549.00.

Link to the product on their cite - http://eurojetracing.com/exhausts/mk...atback-exhaust
I have had an AWE exhaust on my 2.5L for about 10 months now. I ended up going to a local shop and having them weld on a resonator under the trunk. The stock exhaust has boxy muffler there - the AWE exhaust has nothing there. With the resonator, I still get the performance but it has taken away a lot of the noise and resonance.

I've also found keeping a few heavy moving blankets in the trunk also made a great difference - I have a project on the go to insulate around where the spare tire is to try and make the cabin a bit more sound proof there.
Staver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
NotAFastVW
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: White 2012 VW Golf 2.5l
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staver View Post
I have had an AWE exhaust on my 2.5L for about 10 months now. I ended up going to a local shop and having them weld on a resonator under the trunk. The stock exhaust has boxy muffler there - the AWE exhaust has nothing there. With the resonator, I still get the performance but it has taken away a lot of the noise and resonance.
I'm a bit stingy with money, and like the Eurojet because of its price. you'd be paying at least a $100 more for the AWE, and still having to add something/modify it to make it what you want. Knowing that, id definitely want to get the cheaper one, and modify that if needed. then id be out less money in the end. Just my opinion... Thoughts?
NotAFastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #8
Sales@funktion
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
Sales@funktion's Avatar
 
Drives: Car, truck, boat, 2-wheels
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lake Norman Area - NC
Posts: 179
We have the Eurojet systems in stock!
__________________
Sales@funktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
OrangeSpy
Autocross Champion
 
Drives: '12 VW Golf 2.5L 5D
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 101
I have a EuroJet and love it! I constantly have people asking what I have and where they can get one

I 100% recommend it

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
__________________
5D 2.5 Golf Mk6 | R8 Coils & Platinum Plugs | Diesel Geek SS | Custom CAI | FK Streetlines | Eurojet CBE | Fast "Rennen" Rims |
OrangeSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.