GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle lag after cai install

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all new to the forums here, have a quick question about my car. I have a 2012 gti 6sp(stock), I just installed an injen cold air intake a couple weeks ago and have been noticing in between shifts as soon as I step off the gas and push the clutch in the rpms stay where there at for 2 seconds then start to decline to idle. Any idea if this is normal or not?

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
The MAF is located in the same area just on the under side of the intake now

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Rev hang is normal, even stock, but 2 seconds is a little drastic.

But like Jay was saying....using the OEM MAF sensor tube works best, the MAF sensor is very sensitive to changes outside of that one and sometimes doesn't work right

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
So with the MAF being mounted underneath the intake tube now there's really nothing to fix the rpm issue? Other than maybe a stage 1 tune.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Also hanging it upside down can cause issues.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Honestly, this car is just full of rev hang. It's one of my biggest peeves. My girl actually hates it and think it's me when I'm trying to to get moving after letting off the acceleration, there is no pickup, then a sharp jerk as it goes. It's really annoying as f**k. I've had that Stg1, Stg2, now K04. I can't remember how stock was anymore to be honest.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
the first day i got my intake i thought their was hesitation turns out its just the way turbo cars act with intakes lol.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Honestly, this car is just full of rev hang. It's one of my biggest peeves. My girl actually hates it and think it's me when I'm trying to to get moving after letting off the acceleration, there is no pickup, then a sharp jerk as it goes. It's really annoying as f**k. I've had that Stg1, Stg2, now K04. I can't remember how stock was anymore to be honest.

My car would rev hang when all it had was a CAI and no tune. Now that it is tuned, the rev hang is all gone. :iono:

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay seems legit then, was hoping it wasn't just my car lol. Unfortunately the insert for the MAF bolts underneath the intake so there's really no getting around that other than a new intake which isn't exactly in the budget right now. And yes one thing I've noticed with this car is its a dog starting off on acceleration until it hits boost.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Okay seems legit then, was hoping it wasn't just my car lol. Unfortunately the insert for the MAF bolts underneath the intake so there's really no getting around that other than a new intake which isn't exactly in the budget right now. And yes one thing I've noticed with this car is its a dog starting off on acceleration until it hits boost.
what uh intake did you buy?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Its a one piece injen

like this one?

How long have you driven the car with it, it could be learning/adapting the fuel trims to the new airflow... usually takes a little while for it to go into learning mode... you can force it by unhooking the battery and hitting the brake a few times to drain the cars charge then rehook up the battery and it will "Re-Learn" the fuel trims and stuff over the next couple hundred miles.

If you do that you will need to reset your convenience features like one touch windows etc... as they will be forgotten sometimes after loss of a charge.

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
I would say I've had it on for maybe a month now. Yea I may try that and see if it helps, thanks!