GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-29-2017, 01:57 PM   #15
ksandman
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 gti
Integrated Engineering IE Intake (good but not great review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
#AllBoxesMatter

Sounds like IE took care of you and there wasn't really a need for this post (my opinion). Hopefully in the future videos of boxes being tossed are rated M for mature audiences.

Yes please make all videos of boxes being tossed rated M cause you know Iíll be getting salty lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #16
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
#AllBoxesMatter

Sounds like IE took care of you and there wasn't really a need for this post (my opinion). Hopefully in the future videos of boxes being tossed are rated M for mature audiences.
That's really not the point, there could be 30 other people with the same issue because employees who aren't paying for the products are just throwing other people's shit around. If I came to your house and started throwing expensive parts around, you think you'd be happy about it?
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #17
Dans GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
That's really not the point, there could be 30 other people with the same issue because employees who aren't paying for the products are just throwing other people's shit around. If I came to your house and started throwing expensive parts around, you think you'd be happy about it?
Totally, gently tossing light boxes into a truck VS going into someones house and throwing shit around is the same thing lol. Ya'll are sensitive.
2010 MK6 GTI 6MT: APR Stage 2.4 High Output : eBay special downpipe : IE Intake : R8 Coils : BKR7EIX : DWS06 : 034 Dog Bone Mount : 034 Dog Bone Insert : StopTech Brake Pads : SPM CatBack : Sachs ZF Clutch : Diesel Geek Short Shifter : GFB DV + : Clutch Stop :
Dans GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #18
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Throwing around materials that are not protected/in a box vs throwing items in a box with proper protection are not the same... OPs issue was clearly a defect before it was boxed. Otherwise a damage like that, the box would be FUBAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
Totally, gently tossing light boxes into a truck VS going into someones house and throwing shit around is the same thing lol. Ya'll are sensitive.
^This. Only time we had a package get really damaged, is when a heavier package is behind it going down the chute and it ram rods its way to a wall and knocks a bunch of packages out of the way. Sometimes we would catch it, other times it wasn't worth risking your hand.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #19
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans GTI View Post
Do you know what was in them? Maybe it wasn't just intakes...could've been something more breakable. And it may not be the exact same thing, but the principle is the same, you don't just toss someone else's stuff around. If it wasn't that big of a deal, why did they take it down from IG?
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #20
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Do you know what was in them? Maybe it wasn't just intakes...could've been something more breakable. And it may not be the exact same thing, but the principle is the same, you don't just toss someone else's stuff around. If it wasn't that big of a deal, why did they take it down from IG?
Probably because one person stirred the pot and made a big deal out of nothing... Do you honestly think the boxes are going to stay nicely stacked during the drive?

Reality is... boxes get tossed, either by machine or people. That's why warehouses purchase packaging material to protect their product during shipment.

Trigger warning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFBXldleMZU

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #21
ksandman
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 gti
My intake was most likely a defect from their manufacture and over looked during quality control, but to be fair, my intake wasnít wrapped in 1in thick styrofoam, let alone have a bunch. Packing peanuts in it. It was just bubbles wrapped and my heat shield was wrapped with some think foam material. Not the same concept as that cup. But I think this has drug on enough. Iím fine and Iím sure IE will be fine too. Maybe they wonít be posting up videos of them throwing products on their social media anymore

ksandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #22
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandman View Post
My intake was most likely a defect from their manufacture and over looked during quality control, but to be fair, my intake wasnít wrapped in 1in thick styrofoam, let alone have a bunch. Packing peanuts in it. It was just bubbles wrapped and my heat shield was wrapped with some think foam material. Not the same concept as that cup. But I think this has drug on enough. Iím fine and Iím sure IE will be fine too. Maybe they wonít be posting up videos of them throwing products on their social media anymore

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Iíve had nothing but excellent customer service from them. Literally had a 24hr turn around on getting a new intake pipe shipped out, to getting solutions resolved just flashing my car with their stage 2 software. I had their old intake design and had the dreaded cracking happening to it. Then somehow had 91 octane file and needed the 93 and the got it uploaded right away. So hopefully this situation is behind you and get better service in the future. Iím wanting their K04 down the road.

hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote