GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 gti starting issues

Cbozman22

I have a 2010 gti I’m having some issues with, it starts up for when it’s freezing cold outside but when it’s anythjng above 45 degrees it cranks and cranks and cranks, it always eventually starts but it takes forever. I also already tried holding the gas down and starting doesn’t seem to do anything please help I have a 36hr drive home from fort bliss coming up and don’t want her to crap out on me

Cbozman22

any cel's? any odd noises? have you had the battery checked? any recent maintenance done?

Just changed oil haven’t had battery checked but I know it’s good, have 2 codes both are for o2 sensors no noises once it starts runs perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
How old is ur battery? My money is on battery.

Edit: O2 sensors are cover under 60k emissions warranty if that still applies.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cbozman22

How old is ur battery? My money is on battery.

Edit: O2 sensors are cover under 60k emissions warranty if that still applies.

I’m unsure how old the battery I’ll get the battery tested and see but it cranks over just as fast as always

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
It is probably bleeding off residual fuel pressure. There is a check valve within the low pressure fuel pump that hold the fuel in the lines/ fuel rail. If the valve fails the fuel back flows into the tank- then you need to crank the vehicle a while to get the fuel back up to the engine. My $ is on the in-tank pump, if we are guessing.

Cbozman22

It is probably bleeding off residual fuel pressure. There is a check valve within the low pressure fuel pump that hold the fuel in the lines/ fuel rail. If the valve fails the fuel back flows into the tank- then you need to crank the vehicle a while to get the fuel back up to the engine. My $ is on the in-tank pump, if we are guessing.

That’s what I was thinking but I also tried priming it a few times before starting still doesn’t help

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I’m unsure how old the battery I’ll get the battery tested and see but it cranks over just as fast as always

If you have one of those jump packs just make sure car is starting slow then slap it on and see if it starts right up. I don't get how fuel would be affected based on temps? Doesn't hurt to check it out though.

Cbozman22

If you have one of those jump packs just make sure car is starting slow then slap it on and see if it starts right up. I don't get how fuel would be affected based on temps? Doesn't hurt to check it out though.

It starts perfect when it’s freezing outside but if it’s warm outside it doesn’t want to start was hoping someone has seen this before [emoji28]

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
It starts perfect when it’s freezing outside but if it’s warm outside it doesn’t want to start was hoping someone has seen this before [emoji28]

I had opposite problem would bitch and moan on cold mornings and would then start right up after it warmed up. Then it died and I replaced the battery all good.

Cbozman22

I had opposite problem would bitch and moan on cold mornings and would then start right up after it warmed up. Then it died and I replaced the battery all good.

Was also thinking maybe the fuel filter could be the issue

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Was also thinking maybe the fuel filter could be the issue

After some internet searching. Pumps fail when they are hot. So the warmer temps is what causes failing pumps to have more problems however if the pump was failing i would think it might fire up but then sputter out and die at some point if left idling.