GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying a used 2010 GTI, questions and concerns.

trekker

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 2010 GTI, 100100 miles, and the only major thing I can say that I've done to my car that was a non-regular maintenance was getting the carbon build up on the valves cleaned up.

I had mine cleaned off at 80K miles. That may be the reason why they resealed the intake manifold twice before replacing the whole thing, although it should have only been done once. I didn't know that the intake manifold itself was an item that was fragile to begin with, but that may explain that annotation you see.

Overall though, solid car. I would buy another one.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Man that's one sharp looking GTI! I dig those wheels

lolagti

It's not an Autobahn then. If it was a 2010 it may have been possible as you could pick your options ala carte. A 2011 Autobahn would have a sunroof and hid headlights
Correct. Mine is 2011 Autobahn and they are loaded. I love the hid headlights.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The next car i get will have all the creature comforts. Push button start, LED/HID projection, blind spot monitor, adaptive cruise control, im less and less concerned with being 100% connected to the road as i am about being comfortable while going.

zrickety

The Fixer
FWIW my 2010 Autobahn has the sticker, came with HID lights, leather and sunroof, but no nav. Car has only had 1 intake manifold under warranty and a small leak in the radiator over 144k miles. I drive hard and it's held up well. Welcome to the club.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
IMO, good choice not going with the car in your OP. Car was with third owner for only a month and he's selling? *red flag*

Yeah, I get it...maybe buyer's remorse or in over his head or whatever, but a quick turnaround like that on a car that has over 100k usually means issues.

Just my $0.02.

Congrats on new ride and welcome to the club.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Shake at idle will probably be a dual mass flywheel issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Looks great, if I hadn’t gone with a carbon grey I would have definitely got one in black pearl. L.F.C[emoji106]

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Well i bought the car.

$10K car is solid for 90K miles.

1 owner no accident, all major fixes were done.

I do feel a very very slight shake at idle but extremely minimal.

The part im most confused about, some website claim this is the autobahn version yet there is no sunroof, no HID lights, its pretty darn basic.

But it is a 4 door so thats what i needed.

Thank you for all the help!

I already hate the headlights and taillights.

Would this fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172192673243

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122834136795

https://www.carstory.com/detail/2011-volkswagen-gti-oklahoma_city_ok-WVWGV7AJ2BW111939

If you do decide to replace the lights go with genuine! The quality is just not there with the aftermarket stuff! The only exception is the OSRAM Xenarc headlights which are top quality but that is reflected in the price.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
If you do decide to replace the lights go with genuine! The quality is just not there with the aftermarket stuff! The only exception is the OSRAM Xenarc headlights which are top quality but that is reflected in the price.

The links just to show, I don’t know anything about this retailer, I think they’re available a bit cheaper elsewhere,
http://www.esetuning.com/osram-ledr...vw-golf-gti-mk6-gti-edition-ledhl102-gti.html

Sniper260687

Ill have to check the price, i dont wanna sound like a rich snub person, but i honestly dont wanna spend that much on this daily, however i do have to change the headlights, not having HID's its my downfall and it bothers the living shit out of me :laugh:

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I wonder if its a US thing only but here in Canada I have never seen a GTI with halogens, only 2.5's have em and only the GTI's and R's have the projectors.
Conrats on the car BTW

Sniper260687

I wonder if its a US thing only but here in Canada I have never seen a GTI with halogens, only 2.5's have em and only the GTI's and R's have the projectors.
Conrats on the car BTW

Oh you know how the USA is....no one knows either why we need those idiotic ugly pointless orange side markers.

Thank you!

First day so far so good