GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
markus037
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI 4dr DSG
so, if you had to do it all again, would you?

if you had to buy another mk6 knowing what you do now, would you?
markus037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
whitewolf33
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Id probably get an AWD car but my mk6 has been a lot of fun with no real headaches at 54k. I did all my own work on my previous american made cars but Ive learned way more then I expected while working on this car. Would I do it again? Maybe. I really want AWD... Am I glad I decided to buy mine back when I did? Yes
Old 12-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
EJBGTIVI
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity2Constantinople View Post
this forum just keeps getting more stupider each day.
R.I.P. Shuggie 2.19.2000 - 3.19.2016
EJBGTIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
I would say yeah, only thing is I would probably want a base model thats cheaper. I Didnt really plan on modding my car and now Im like 4k deep

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:26 PM   #5
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Yup, I might have done an rsr clutch instead of a smfw, but even that's not a big deal.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #6
IAtegeler
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
nope. I enjoy the car but it has caused me issues and even when I bought it it wasn't exactly what I wanted. With that being said I am goi g to continue to drive this for the next 5+ years.
IAtegeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
mikeleemk6
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Shadow Blue GTI MK6
For sure. Glad I started with the base model considering I am at least 15k deep in extra stuff for this car.
mikeleemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #8
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
If I could do it all over again I would get the DSG model over the 6MT. A dealer even tried to talk me into a DSG model but I refused to even drive it. What a shame. Now that I'm stuck in heavy traffic every day for my commute... I want DSG lol.

Butttt its alright, I'm still going to keep this car till she dies. Still love shifting.

I also would try to get into a mk7 gti instead, only because the performance out of that thing is even more insane.

But all and all, I'm happy with my mk6 gti as she sits.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #9
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
yeah. Never had any issues that i can think of that weren't my fault or someone else. Cars run fine and performed as it should. The hatch provides me with plenty of room and ive had 5 people deep(including me) and for the most part everyone was comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
CHerna
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
Yes. This is a great car all and all.

AWD would be nice. I heavily considered the Golf R, but didn't want to deal with the headache of the FSI. Really wish the MK6R had the TSI.
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
No I'd buy a mk7 Golf R, but I wouldn't know that without buying the mk6 gti. There is nothing wrong with it, and I don't regret buying it. There is a process of learning that you don't get unless you go through the motions. I'll probably never buy a fwd car for performance again. It will be a mk8 golf R with the new 5 cylinder for my next car. Don't honey dick me either VW. You put that new 5 cylinder in the mk8 golf R.
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • Mabotech m380h w/tune
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #12
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
If I did it again the only thing I would change is going straight to a k04 or a BT instead of every single stage. Also some of my projects costed more than they should have, because of my own indecision.

But I would absolutely do everything again.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #13
Prescription_Bandit
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI MK6
Yes and no. It's treated me well the past 4 years , but after seeing the improvements on the Mk7's is30 turbo vs the ko3...it leaves me grinding my teeth thinking I should have held out and waited to get an MK7 R.

Overall I'd do it again.
2013 Candy White GTI MK6|DSG| 18 Inch Laguna Rims|| Convenience Package||Mods: Injen Short-Ram Intake, Unitronic Stage 2 Tune, Unitronic 3' DP, Beluga Racing Catback Exhaust, Audi R8 Coilpacks, New South Boost Gauge|| Eurobadged.

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara TJ
Prescription_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #14
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
i think i would.; only gripe is somewhat poor ride quality for how nice of a car it is. granted you get supreme handling in return.

Love the engine, trans, suspension (overall), looks, interior... the huge aftermarket support is great too. if i HAD to leave it stock i would get another car but for a moddable car this is perfect for me to tinker with