GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 01-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
pashley
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG black
Hankook Ventus V2 Evo lifespan

Hey all. I've got these tires as my summers for my GTI. Currently, they are off the car. The tires have been on the car for 2 summers and have about 14k miles on them. Tread still looks pretty good, but I wanted to ask you all what I can expect out of these tires mileage wise. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm certain I can get another summer out of these but just wanted to hear what others have experienced. Also, I don't track the car, just very spirited driving in the twisties and on onramps. Thanks!
APR k04 - APR full carbonio intake - CTS TBE/TOP/TBP - do88 IC - fluidampr - ST X coilovers - H&R f/r sways - SuperPro ALK/ball joints - TyrolSport deadset kit - 034 upper strut/engine/trans mounts/SS brake lines/billet dogbone - R8 coilpacks/NGK plugs - MODA MD18s - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 - various cosmetic mods
pashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I don't have experience with that particular tire, but typically performance summer tires should last you about 20-25k miles.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
skl007
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: MK6 Golf R, E92 M3, R35 GT-R
I got 15k out of them on my M3, but I have a pretty aggressive alignment. FWIW, I hated those tires.
skl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #4
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
I run those for my summers as well and when I was researching tires I saw that people normally got 15k-35k out of the tires. Skl007, from what I gathered the hankooks suck on heavy cars because the sidewalls are soft and makes it easy for tires to roll over.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:56 AM   #5
cybonic
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Mk6 Gold GTi
had it on my old subaru bl9 legacy non turbo, went thru a gradual s bend and i went into a slight drift with the rear kicking out. tires were like 20k mileage
Old 02-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
SyDiko
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
@ 25k on mine.

However, I think one has a slow leak so it's probably time to swap some new ones in.
SyDiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashley View Post
Hey all. I've got these tires as my summers for my GTI. Currently, they are off the car. The tires have been on the car for 2 summers and have about 14k miles on them. Tread still looks pretty good, but I wanted to ask you all what I can expect out of these tires mileage wise. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm certain I can get another summer out of these but just wanted to hear what others have experienced. Also, I don't track the car, just very spirited driving in the twisties and on onramps. Thanks!
I had those tires and they lasted me quite well, probably 35k highway miles. However, their traction deteriorated rapidly as they reached end of tread life, I probably should have replaced them after 30k.

My PSSs on the other hand have seen relatively few highway miles and have about 6k city miles on the clock, and are already down to 7/32. How you drive them makes a monumental difference.
Present: APR Stage 1+ v2.4 | APR Carbonio | R8 Coils | GFB DV+ | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport Deadset | SuperPro Offset LCA Bushings | Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8 et45 | Michelin PSS 245/35R18 | NewSouth Perf. Mech Boost Gauge

Future: ST Coilovers | Stratified Tuning | BFI Mounts | ECS Catch Can
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote