GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 01-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
cayr20t

Drives:
Mk6 Golf R DSG swap?

Currently either have to rebuild and reinforce my 02Q trans in my Mk6 R, or get everything to do a DSG swap which is what I plan to do.

If anyone out there has some pointers or a list of everything I would need to do the swap that'd be awesome.

I do understand it's alot of work, time, & money. But that's fine with me, I'm more mechanically inclined and have a VW technician handy if I need him. So figuring everything out wouldn't be a huge deal.

Please don't say "just get a Mk7 R with DSG" or anything in that nature, cause I won't listen lol
Mainly looking for a list.

Thanks everyone!
cayr20t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: GTI CSG
Hi There.
I love your idea, I think this will be the new trend in the VDUB used car segment. A year or more ago, I saw someone from APR who sold his & the guy well documented the process. If I see the link I send it to you and good luck!
A buch of goodies APRís K04 kit, NGK 8 plugs , Unitronic Intake, Eurojet DP, Magnaflow catback, APRís TCU tune, 034 Dogbone Mount Insert, S3 intercooler, Forge catch can, Modshack trim, AWE tuning IC hoses, Neuspeed K04 TOP & TDP, H&R Cup kit, Golf Rís skirts & side mirrors, Euro LED tails, GTD grill, H&R sways, Stern bar, Enkei RPF1 & some other stuff..Build
corrado917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Found it:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Nav&p=87882674
A buch of goodies APRís K04 kit, NGK 8 plugs , Unitronic Intake, Eurojet DP, Magnaflow catback, APRís TCU tune, 034 Dogbone Mount Insert, S3 intercooler, Forge catch can, Modshack trim, AWE tuning IC hoses, Neuspeed K04 TOP & TDP, H&R Cup kit, Golf Rís skirts & side mirrors, Euro LED tails, GTD grill, H&R sways, Stern bar, Enkei RPF1 & some other stuff..Build
Old 01-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
I have a used 02E awd, the gears are broken but the stage 3 tuned mech unit and wavetrac lsd is good. I have the shifter as well that you would need for the swap.

It will hold 550hp+ no issue on oem clutches with this tune. Feel free to PM me.

You need a DSG, starter, DSG flywheel that fits FSI, and t-case may or may not be different, I believe the dsg one has a different shaft. Shifter and wiring. I have done a manual to awd dsg swap on my gti.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Cool project. I think you should build the manual trans instead but who am I to tell you what to do to your car.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
hmk6
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: VW GOLF GTI MK6
If you planning for serious numbers you may consider swapping to DQ500.
hmk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #7
corrado917
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmk6 View Post
If you planning for serious numbers you may consider swapping to DQ500.
That would be awesome!