GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 01-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
KDOG
Oval Newbie

Drives: CSG GTI
Anyone running H&R Ultralows input

Current setup- 225 40 18x8 et40 conti extreme contact on stock suspension.

Have a great deal on low mile ultralows and might just have to grab them, been reading a ton but can't find definitive answer. I don't necessarily want to be slammed anyways but clear this gap and start by running it at highest point and see- 1.6in drop min

Question-will I run into issues with rubbing without rolling fenders/fender screw mod with my current setup and only dropping 1.6 inches?
Is 1.6ish inches really that big of a drop or most end up going lower?
Anyone running similar setup with pics and dimensions?

Need to get rid of this gap it seems like I need to drop alot, but not sure if 1.6ish is too much?
Just a great deal im hesitant to pickup incase it is all issues at highest point.
Here's current awful gap bugging me to fix

Close up gap
KDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
You'll be fine with your wheel/tire setup

1.6" isn't that low...like lowering spring height
But the Ultra Lows are for going low....if that's not what you want, look at a different setup like the Konis which are in-between those & something like ST's (height wise) and the Konis are a better riding setup too
Old 01-31-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
KDOG
Oval Newbie

Drives: CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
You'll be fine with your wheel/tire setup

1.6" isn't that low...like lowering spring height
But the Ultra Lows are for going low....if that's not what you want, look at a different setup like the Konis which are in-between those & something like ST's (height wise) and the Konis are a better riding setup too
Yeah I was just curious as to if it's a crazy drop considering my setup if I would rub at the highest setting, but more and more I see it isn't even that bad.. And most want lower anyways.. Its just an awesome deal almost new with low miles n low price and pickup vicinity I was thinking st's before but now I'm reconsidering the more I look indepth with reviews and similar setups

Thanks bro, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't hit problems at highest setting probably will end up lower for aesthetics after install anyway just didn't want to be scraping or burn fenders at Max height and regret not going a different route first instead.
KDOG is offline   Reply With Quote