GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 02-04-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
JISUN_GTI
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 13 GTI wolfsburg edition
what wheel spec does fit my tire?

i just purchase brand new Tires (245/40/18)

and i had Volkswagen OEM watkins Glen Alloy wheel(5x112, ET51, 18x7.5)

and i am looking for rotiform but couldnt find same wheel Spec

what wheel spec does fit 245/40/18?
Old 02-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Wait.. what? What tire size did u have before? Why didnt u buy the rims first then the tires to match up? Did u get a good deal? Are you stock height or lowered? Coils or springs?

Try Tirerack.com it may help u sort what rim size. I think some folks ran 245 on their cars. Depending on poke u want or tuck .. might need to roll those fenders

I cant remember my offset but i recall its pretty aggressive. Im on 235/45/18 on stock springs but they are aging. I get a good poke and rub only on big dips on the highway when i have a full tank of gas.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Is there any way you can return the tires because if you want to run a 245 with 18's it has to be a 245/35/18 to keep the stock tire diameter otherwise the tire will be a decent bit taller.