GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

shaking at highway speeds

markus037

Ready to race!
has anyone have a vibration throughout the entire car? I dont really feel it in the steering wheel but i can feel it in the seat and armrest. if im around 75-80 then you can really feel it. below that it seems ok. i made sure to balance my snow tires before putting them on. my car has around 60k on it and im wondering if its time for a suspension refresh. no loose balljoints or wheel bearings. the car does have neuspeed sport springs on the stock shocks. im wondering if theyre tired at this point.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
This is a pretty common issue with not so common fixes. After discussing this with a few and reading through tons of material, this can be anything from strut mounts, hubs, shocks, control arm bushings, steering rack/bushing, imbalanced wheels, poor tire wear, sway bar/bushings. Its even been discussed that the general geometry of the cars just aren't perfect... best of luck

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
has anyone have a vibration throughout the entire car? I dont really feel it in the steering wheel but i can feel it in the seat and armrest. if im around 75-80 then you can really feel it. below that it seems ok. i made sure to balance my snow tires before putting them on. my car has around 60k on it and im wondering if its time for a suspension refresh. no loose balljoints or wheel bearings. the car does have neuspeed sport springs on the stock shocks. im wondering if theyre tired at this point.

youre in PA so ill just mention if its been snowing and theres snow packed into your wheels it can seriously throw them out of balance and youll get bad shaking at highway speeds. then when it thaws everything will be back to normal. i only mention cause it happens to me every year and i forget and get all freaked out til i remember

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Dealing with the same issue. Slight vibration at low speeds that gets worse as the speed increases. It’s driving me nuts as I just had a new set of tires put on and the balance has been checked 3 times now.
This car is turning into a love hate relationship.