GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 02-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
Zach0918
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2014 Golf, 2.5L, Candy White
LED Taillight Advice

I have a candy white Golf with rims painted gloss black, I am planning on getting the roof vinyl wrapped gloss black as well. I am want to buy a set of DEPO LED tails but I keep going back forth between the colors. What do you guys think should I go cherry, dark cherry or black cherry? While I'm at it can anyone tell me the difference between the "euro" and "US" versions. Thanks!
Zach0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
Rickybobbi
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
best bet would be to google some pics of the different styles on CW golfs to see what you like. Not sure on the US and Euro differences.
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES // OEM GTI EXHAUST //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I think the only difference between euro and US is the fog light. Euro will get a dimmer reverse bulb on the driver side. Mine aren't depo, but the fog light was pretty much pink and useless. I ended up replacing both the reverse lights with leds from deautokey.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:47 PM   #4
corydd
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW GTI DSG Autobahn
I had a the same color combination on my GTI and the dark cherry looked great. Pics for reference:

Also, you probably want the US version, which has a reverse bulb on each side. The Euro versions have a rear fog on one side in place of a reverse light, which I don't find very useful here.
corydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #5
Zach0918
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2014 Golf, 2.5L, Candy White
Looks awesome man. I think I’m going dark after seein that
Zach0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #6
Rickybobbi
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 golf 2.5 MT / 2013 MB GLK-250
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydd View Post
I had a the same color combination on my GTI and the dark cherry looked great. Pics for reference:

Also, you probably want the US version, which has a reverse bulb on each side. The Euro versions have a rear fog on one side in place of a reverse light, which I don't find very useful here.
diggin how you white out the emblem so the VW in black really pops, well done.
2011 GOLF 2.5// LED TAILS // 18" BLACK RIMS // 2 12" KICKER SUBS // REAR EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // FRONT EMBLEM BLACKED OUT // DE-BADGE REAR // LED INTERIOR // HID HEADLIGHTS // 8" ANDROID HEAD UNIT // 35% TINT ALL AROUND // FK STREETLINES // OEM GTI EXHAUST //
Rickybobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:29 PM   #7
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
I think the only difference between euro and US is the fog light. Euro will get a dimmer reverse bulb on the driver side. Mine aren't depo, but the fog light was pretty much pink and useless. I ended up replacing both the reverse lights with leds from deautokey.
Thanks, we appreciate it, must have upgrade for the these to complete the look are the 921 reverse:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti...ree-and-bright

7440 rear turns - bright in direct sun sight / no hyper-flash:
http://deautokey.com/product/golf-gt...amber-no-error

White emblem - full circle model - you have to remove your housing but makes it cleaner no lines:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gol...rt-six-designs

Thanks

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote