GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-04-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Check engine light

Hi, so about a month ago I got a random p0145 check engine light, I did some research and figured it was because I had an exhaust leak, I cleared it and it didn't come back till now. Now a month later I got the same p0145 and p2196 codes when driving up a hill in 6th gear. I went under my car to test for leaks, found a little leak on my downpipe reducer and midpipe connection, I bought new clamps and I thought I fixed the leak. It sounded a little better but I think there's still a leak and I assume it's the actual turbo to downpipe gasket. I also installed a new intake, ecs tuning full stage 1+2 intake (had a stage 1 carbonio before) but I don't see how an intake can throw this code. Could the downpipe to turbo gasket possibly be throwing the codes? Anyone have luck fighting the p0145 and p2196 codes.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Get some heat tape from AutoZone, put it around the connection the best you can, clear the code and see if it comes back
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #3
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer View Post
Get some heat tape from AutoZone, put it around the connection the best you can, clear the code and see if it comes back
Its definatly a leak, i listened more from under the car and im 99% sure its a leak, im taking the downpipe apart, getting a new gasket and putting high temp rtv on the connections.

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote