GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #15
edwardnese
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
I have a slow engine leak under my car as well, i've been reading i think i may have the same issue, i just need to jack up my car to see.

On that note is there a way to verify that u have a faulty PCV valve? My car hasn't thrown any codes and idle does not seem rough
edwardnese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:42 PM   #16
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardnese View Post
I have a slow engine leak under my car as well, i've been reading i think i may have the same issue, i just need to jack up my car to see.

On that note is there a way to verify that u have a faulty PCV valve? My car hasn't thrown any codes and idle does not seem rough

The video I posted for you in your own thread explains this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #17
thatspsychotic
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds4biturbo View Post
Sorry about that!

To continue beating this dead horse, this is what my car looked like when I needed a new rear main seal:

100% definitely replace the PCV plate at the same time, and be prepared for a new dual-mass flywheel while the car is apart as well. It's a >$500 part, but the labor is free because they have to remove the original flywheel as part of the job. New flywheel quieted down the idle (no more subtle rattle) and made the car shift better too. No more jerky 1-2 shifts.

Total bill for me was juuust under $2k but I had a couple other things done as well (oil change, inspection, etc), so prepare your wallet. Labor alone for this job is over $1000. Definitely find an independent shop rather than the dealer, indie shops that do VWs do this job allll the time on Tiguans especially. Super common failure on Tiguans.

Some shops will drop the subframe to get better access to the transmission which has to be completely removed, so that's also a good opportunity to have them put in something like the Tyrolsport Subframe Collars, again, free labor!

Future: APR Downpipe | BFI Mounts | PTP Turbo Blanket | ST Coilovers
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote