ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
hack that gibson

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Long weekend was not long enough. Was OOO Friday and Monday. I don't want to be here today. Headache this morning, dreary outside... meh.

Weekend was good tho. Spent Friday going through the car. Saturday-Sunday was at Blackhawk. Saturday was great... weather held out, low-mid 50s. Perfect weather to not need the Cool Shirt, just get out of the car and immediately cool off. Car behaved well, still need to get tire pressures sorted and kept running into a soft brake pedal but overall it was a good day. Managed a 1:16.880. Happy with that.

Sunday, the weather never cooperated. Rained/misted for a bit in the morning, but with no wind and no sun, the track never dried out. I think there were 8 or 9 people in total running... so we made the decision to just go "green flag all" and lump everybody in the same run group for an hour or so... then closed it up and sent everybody home by 1:30. My car never hit the track surface Sunday.

Monday I went back through the car, put the AX tires on it, should have did a proper brake bleed but just didn't feel like it so I'll have to do that this week after work.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Long weekend was not long enough. Was OOO Friday and Monday. I don't want to be here today. Headache this morning, dreary outside... meh.

Weekend was good tho. Spent Friday going through the car. Saturday-Sunday was at Blackhawk. Saturday was great... weather held out, low-mid 50s. Perfect weather to not need the Cool Shirt, just get out of the car and immediately cool off. Car behaved well, still need to get tire pressures sorted and kept running into a soft brake pedal but overall it was a good day. Managed a 1:16.880. Happy with that.

Sunday, the weather never cooperated. Rained/misted for a bit in the morning, but with no wind and no sun, the track never dried out. I think there were 8 or 9 people in total running... so we made the decision to just go "green flag all" and lump everybody in the same run group for an hour or so... then closed it up and sent everybody home by 1:30. My car never hit the track surface Sunday.

Monday I went back through the car, put the AX tires on it, should have did a proper brake bleed but just didn't feel like it so I'll have to do that this week after work.

Glad to hear the car is running good now. I hope I can say the same. Despite a clunk that I'm having a hard time tracing (low speeds so probably endlinks) its handling good. Hit some on ramps that I know of in the area that are fun and its handling good. Can't wait to get on the track, I was planning on autobahn next monday and cant go to that now because of a dumb work meeting that I can't reschedule. People flying in from germany :(

Oct 20 at grattan is going to be the only one I can get to this year it seems

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Glad to hear the car is running good now. I hope I can say the same. Despite a clunk that I'm having a hard time tracing (low speeds so probably endlinks) its handling good. Hit some on ramps that I know of in the area that are fun and its handling good. Can't wait to get on the track, I was planning on autobahn next monday and cant go to that now because of a dumb work meeting that I can't reschedule. People flying in from germany :(

Oct 20 at grattan is going to be the only one I can get to this year it seems

Bummer about Autobahn.

I'm on the fence. I want to run, but I'm kinda just hoping it rains so I have an excuse not to go. I think I have enough brake pad left to get through one more event, but I have a Doc appointment on Tuesday, mid-morning, so being out on Monday, then leaving work in the middle of the day Tuesday.... just too much time off of work.

And yeah, I'm super happy my car is running well. Made it through 2 track events this year now successfully. This past weekend it was in front of the "right" people too... folks who expressed some raised eyebrows over the last year about how bad my car really was. "Well you ran it here at Blackhawk last fall... so your car couldn't have been THAT bad!" Coming back this year, knocking off 5 seconds from my lap times last year (nobody else was in the 16's this past weekend) caught a lot of attention, in a good way. "Hey wow looks like you really got it sorted now!" Yes. Yes I did. It should have run this way 3+ years ago....

jay745

Bummer about Autobahn.

I'm on the fence. I want to run, but I'm kinda just hoping it rains so I have an excuse not to go. I think I have enough brake pad left to get through one more event, but I have a Doc appointment on Tuesday, mid-morning, so being out on Monday, then leaving work in the middle of the day Tuesday.... just too much time off of work.

And yeah, I'm super happy my car is running well. Made it through 2 track events this year now successfully. This past weekend it was in front of the "right" people too... folks who expressed some raised eyebrows over the last year about how bad my car really was. "Well you ran it here at Blackhawk last fall... so your car couldn't have been THAT bad!" Coming back this year, knocking off 5 seconds from my lap times last year (nobody else was in the 16's this past weekend) caught a lot of attention, in a good way. "Hey wow looks like you really got it sorted now!" Yes. Yes I did. It should have run this way 3+ years ago....
5 seconds is huge at blackhawk. 16's too. not bad at all sir. I honestly think I should just wait till next season so the car is in tip top shape. The rubber on it now is very tired, pads will be replaced before next season but I think they have enough in them for 1-2 more days.

I also think I either need new wheels with a different offset, or 3mm spacers in front. The wheel is VERY tight with the strut now. I don't like it at all.

Sigh. I already paid for the 20th though.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: Everyone Confirms Good Weekend

Everytime I think about selling this car I then get into it and blast around and I’m reminded how awesome it is.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Everytime I think about selling this car I then get into it and blast around and I’m reminded how awesome it is.

I get that too. But yours is way more modified than mine and probably not driven as often as mine. But when I drive my wifes car for a while and hop back into mine, I'm reminded of how much I love it.

jay745

This. After not driving it for 10 months... and now with crazy suspension/chassis modifications good lord. Was telling someone earlier today how I literally yelled out a WAHHOOOOOOOOOOO yesterday after hooning the on ramp to 90E from arlington hts rd. Car is handling GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.