GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R - Milltek Exhaust System

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Greeting to everyone...

I reckon SANTA must have been in an uber good mood this year cos he dropped off an unexpected present to my doorstep this morning @ 745am. Yup, I had mentioned that I was going to order an exhaust from Milltek but lil did I know was there a sneaky elf at home that made the order and paid for it on my behalf.

That elf my dear friends was my adorable sister who pitched in with my bro and gf to purchase my Milltek System. :thumbup: With the credible help of my brother they got me the complete 3" Turbo cat back exhaust for my lil pocket rocket. :happyanim:

I had initially planned to order an exhaust from Milltek for my deprived Golf R in Jan11 but I guess SANTA must have hinted to my sis what would make my XMAS. :lol:

Just put up some install pics from today and a short video clip of the exhaust run in at the shop... Will arrange to do a proper video and sound check after XMAS. :D

MERRY XMAS to everyone and God Bless :)

Attachments

• IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 1,298
Last edited:

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Exhaust sound clip during testing at the workshop.

Sorry I forgot to include the following eariler.

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
hi there mate,

uhm... is your sister single? :D

haha! :lol::lol: sorry matie, she's married with two kids but if you ask nicely she'll probably order one for you. JK!

WOW! Mine is arriving Tuesday :D I can't wait :D

Sweeeeeeet! Have you gone to for the same setup as mine in non-resonated? Its pretty awesome cos i've been running it in today and have noted that there is no drone in the cabin at cruise speeds and is comfortable. When you slam your foot down... prepare to smile like a lunatic as you hear the engine scream with excitement.

Very nice!!

Cheers mate... wish i was back home in Melb with my R and its setup. though I reckon the cops would be hauling me to the side with a ticket. :lol: Merry Xmas. Any indication on the APR Exhaust? Heard from my cousin with an R its a fair nickel.

TEFF

godfather
Sweeeeeeet! Have you gone to for the same setup as mine in non-resonated? Its pretty awesome cos i've been running it in today and have noted that there is no drone in the cabin at cruise speeds and is comfortable. When you slam your foot down... prepare to smile like a lunatic as you hear the engine scream with excitement.
Yep, the non-resonated setup with AEV:happyanim:. On my previous S3 i had the de-cat non-res version and it was awesome, but at cruise speed there was a lot of drone and i hated it, but under full throttle it was godlike. :w00t:

RickyJCW

Hi guys,
How much is the non-res version?. I heard it is about 2K..
Mischievous, wich one do you like more, supersprint or Milltek?

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Hi guys,
How much is the non-res version?. I heard it is about 2K..
Mischievous, wich one do you like more, supersprint or Milltek?

Hi Ricky, how's it goin? The full turbo non-resonated system was about BND3580 which is approximately EUR1830 inclusive of shipping to doorstep. Actually not far off from TEFF's nickel trade for the system. Sis got the system from a friend who's the distributor for Milltek in our region at cost.

In all honesty, I have stronger preference for the Millteks because the build quality and design of the system was IMO flawless compared to the Supersprint which was too modular. The Millteks sound a whole lot better and I've noticed that response throughout the rev range was unbelievably easy. :lol: was like watching a video game.

RickyJCW i paid 1700euro for mine

Geez... I should have just waited for the Millteks the first time round cos they're way cheaper than supersprint. Am guessing you just received your pipes today. Enjoy them in good health bro!

damn... sounds nice man

cheers matie... I'll definitely try to whisk up a video over the Xmas break. The system sounds pretty sick with load and under acceleration. :thumbsup:

:lol: I'll try not to keep you waiting for ages like previously. Lol!

Last edited:

TEFF

godfather
Tomorrow (Thursday) i will mount the hpfp, ic and the exhaust on the car :D. I can't wait. I will make some videos :p