GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

dbest6808

Ready to race!
Yup. All the North American CCTA/CBFA 2.0 TSI's are updated.

So Arin here's my question I already have stage 1. I'm installing the RSC Turboback and will go to stage 2. Will the stage 2 flash be at no cost?
I may do the install myself or go to my local APR here in White Plains NY which also happens to be my VW dealer.

dwp2

Ready to race!
Stage 1 Tweaks?

Arin,

Can you share any details on the differences between the old and new Stage 1 flashes?

Can I get updated, without removing the ECU, since I already have a Stage 1 flash?

Stevec717

Ready to race!
Stupid question maybe, but does an APR Program require removal/modification of the ECU, or just a software reflash?

Thx
Steve

Also, do you have any test data or specs on how much torque the stock clutch can handle?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin,

Can you share any details on the differences between the old and new Stage 1 flashes?

3 years after the release of our first stage 1 & 2 TSI tunes, APR motorsport and our APR engineering teams have jumped deep into the TSI engine and even slept with pistons, injectors and turbos on their pillows at night. They've learned quite a bit, sweet talked the turbos and massaged the injectors. The result? Better tunes. :)

Can I get updated, without removing the ECU, since I already have a Stage 1 flash?

Every now and then their will be a stubborn ECU that needs to be pulled to reflash but for the most part, it's all through the port.

A23

Passed Driver's Ed
Removal. Yes.

Modification. No.

It's just a software update. :)

I just got the 6-hour trial from APR Malaysia last week and they did not need to remove the ECU. Just flashing through OBDII Port. Can you clarify?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Probably the encryption is a US thing, people from around the globe are all reporting chipping using only the OBDII port, i sent out my ECU to APR US, they are probably not going to open up the casing of the ECU.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I suppose that answers your question ;) (emphasis mine)

It would probably be better to run the 95 ron file.

Basically, if your pulling timing because the fuel is not up to snuff, the ECU will pull a little more than it needs to pull, just to be safe. It may actually pull enough to make your timing advance less than what you would see on the 95 ron file. You can grab a vag-com, log, and test it our yourself to see. :)

That's a good point, i have been reading about this topic before and the car should run better on the appropriate map.

Another question..!

Is it OK to switch to stock mode with the APR 3" DP installed? will i get a check engine light for the dp?
Is it BAD to have the stage2 software with the stock DP?

I am asking this because i will be receiving the DP and chipped ECU from APR in like a week and half or so, i will install the ECU on my own at home and then drive my car to a good shop that will install the DP, should i switch to stock mode first?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Is it OK to switch to stock mode with the APR 3" DP installed? will i get a check engine light for the dp?
Is it BAD to have the stage2 software with the stock DP?

No CEL & it's not bad to do. :)

I am asking this because i will be receiving the DP and chipped ECU from APR in like a week and half or so, i will install the ECU on my own at home and then drive my car to a good shop that will install the DP, should i switch to stock mode first?

To be safe, that would be the best idea. :)

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
So Arin here's my question I already have stage 1. I'm installing the RSC Turboback and will go to stage 2. Will the stage 2 flash be at no cost?
I may do the install myself or go to my local APR here in White Plains NY which also happens to be my VW dealer.

If you have APR stage 1, we do not charge you for the stage 2 file.

i was just about to ask this but nevermind lol thanks!

omes4life1

Ready to race!
APR MK6 Products and Information

Ok so im 100% sure i want to get the APR k04 turbo kit and im wondering if anybody on here has the kit and just an intake. Anything else necessary? Intercooler? Downpipe? Btw i have a CBFA motor.

Anybody got the kit with no other bolt-ons? LoL

ataman

Ready to race!
Ok so im 100% sure i want to get the APR k04 turbo kit and im wondering if anybody on here has the kit and just an intake. Anything else necessary? Intercooler? Downpipe? Btw i have a CBFA motor.

Anybody got the kit with no other bolt-ons? LoL

Well they have a oem exhaust option. Diffrent software.. I created another tread asking about it's performance. As far as intercoller goes, depends on where you are, outside temp and how much you are going to use high rpms... Highly recommended!