GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

does it count if i race my own cars?

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i have a Jaguar STR, my gti doesnt stand a chance in a straight line. Although in the twisties, it will kill it.

Jag tops out at just shy of 150 WOT, and yes i have done it, GTI at this point has only been able to get close to 130. straight line of course (somewhat straight highway to be exact)
So does that count as a kill???
:thumbup:

Take ur limiter off

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion

Attachments

• strgti.jpg
    strgti.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 224

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Nice man. I always run my parents' cars just to see how my GTI stacks up. It's nice knowing my car can keep up with a 335xi :)

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Oh and as for it counting? If you already knew you were going to lose to your own car. Instead of it being a "kill" it's more like comitting suicide lmao.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Nice man. I always run my parents' cars just to see how my GTI stacks up. It's nice knowing my car can keep up with a 335xi :)

I want a video of this plz if its possible ! :)

The BMW is a bomb with 330 hps, AWD and 3814 pouds. If a stage2 gti keep up with it, well, I could say that I reach my goal on the power/acceleration department.

With all the big monsters that I tried and had keep up, I trust u easily on this one.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Instead of it being a "kill" it's more like comitting suicide lmao.

just thought it was funny reading all of these threads in here, the jag is retty quick, it surprises a lot of people, and from say 50-100 it gets there really quick.

HOWEVER the GTI would spank it in the twisties, i ran it pretty good this morning through some back roads....... not a hint of it losing composure at all. Same road with the Jag and yeah it wasnt near as fun.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
do a "course" and time the 2, or go to the strip and run em both.

Candy11

Ready to race!
is yor jag S Type R powered by a Linclon LS V8 (4.0l) or SC'd 3.0L v6?

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Back in the day my friend's dad had an older 95 XKR and I really could not see liking that car more than the GTI, both interior and speed. It did haul pretty well, but felt closer to American Sedans when handling (floaty etc).

I would argue the jag is just an entirely different car than the GTI; almost can't be compared. But then again, I haven't driven any since I've owned the GTI.

Interesting to hear your thoughts!

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
is yor jag S Type R powered by a Linclon LS V8 (4.0l) or SC'd 3.0L v6?

4.2l V8 with Eaton (factory jaguar) M112 Supercharger

2003-2008 Jaguar S-Type R, 400 hp (298 kW) and 408 lb·ft (553 N·m)

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
I would argue the jag is just an entirely different car than the GTI; almost can't be compared.
Interesting to hear your thoughts!

I just laugh at some of these posts in this section. It was more of me laughing out loud at some of them. Funny thing is the Jag will take the gti straightline every time (even though it is heavy) throw in a couple turns and the gti wins.

I still prefer the gti though for everyday use, and the fun factor.