GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #57
Sirius
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Power Wheels
Send a message via AIM to Sirius
I'll post back after I go there tomorrow; and I'll be driving around a little bit tonight. Maybe it has to settle or something. Idk :3
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #58
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Stage 2 GTI
I just checked, the North American warehouse has 102, the parts depots in New Jersey and Jacksonville have received shipments, Wisonsin and a few others show the part number in transit to the warehouses. Like I was saying should be available everywhere come July
DBESTGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #59
Sirius

Update: definitely improvement. I don't hear it anymore the majority of the time but it does show up sometimes when I'm driving auto in about 4th gear.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #60
cnimativ
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr MT CSG
About fking time...
cnimativ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #61
sgessler2011
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Now: MK7 GTI PP, traded in my 2011
So the service advisor tells me it's going to be a few hours. I told him I was told we would do a quick roadtest to determine if the car had the issue. I explained that on the phone I was told I may need two appointments: one to hear the sound the second to repair if the part needs to be ordered. While here I also asked to have the MDI update.
*Ok so today I ask if the part is in stock. He refused to say so. I showed him the TSB info from this blog and he said this is not even a VW number. *
Anyways it's on the lift as of 7:40am, by 8:30 it's down from lift. I hope the part is installed ending this rattle.*
9:00am tech and service manager take car on road test.*
Ok so here's the final word on today's visit to VW service: I went on test drive with service manager. He claims the noise is normal. He said there is a pipe so you hear the turbo. I stated that I thought the "noise" pipe was not installed on 2011 GTI. He then said it's air blown off from the turbo. I tried my best to not sound condescending to this gentleman. It seems that knowledge gained on this blog has given some of us good specific intelligence regarding some of the minutia concerning our vehicles.I asked if he would try the clip. He stated that the clip was expensive and that VWOA would have to approve of it. We drove back to dealership and I asked him to cleverly write up the request as to allow VWOA to release one of these clips to me. I saw the TSB at VW the clip looks like a simple piece of spring steel that sits on the connection on the wastegate actuator rod. After some reluctance he ordered the clip. He said it is a $75 part. I'm going back Thursday to have it installed.* As it turns out it will require two days.
Since he kept on mentioning the cost, do I now expect to have to pay out of pocket for this tiny piece of metal?

Steve

Last edited by sgessler2011; 06-28-2011 at 10:51 AM.
sgessler2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #62
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Umm, my dealership saw the TSB and ordered the clip for me under warranty.
Should be in soon then I'll head back and have them install it.

Anyone get this clip installed yet and verify that it fixed the issue or will I possibly be the first?
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #63
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2014 Audi S5 Prestige Package
Send a message via AIM to allset
this is effing lunacy. first 75 bux for the clip, second all this shit we are getting. I called my parts maganger gave him the clip part number over the phone and he said its an audi part not VW and he cant order it (only a VW place). So i had to send him the TSB to prove it.

W.......................T......................... .......F...?????
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
allset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #64
Mr.Alex
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: CW MK6
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Alex
Lazy dealerships suck.

Keep it Clean | Stay Classy.
Mr.Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #65
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
Umm, my dealership saw the TSB and ordered the clip for me under warranty.
Should be in soon then I'll head back and have them install it.

Anyone get this clip installed yet and verify that it fixed the issue or will I possibly be the first?
Your not even close to the first, VW has tested the fix on a bunch of cars before releasing this and someone in this thread a page back already has it done.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #66
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Ok, I didn't know, I just found this thread and was unable to read all of the pages at work....

So will this clip actually fix the sound? The dealership will have it tomorrow for me.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #67
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgessler2011 View Post
So the service advisor tells me it's going to be a few hours. I told him I was told we would do a quick roadtest to determine if the car had the issue. I explained that on the phone I was told I may need two appointments: one to hear the sound the second to repair if the part needs to be ordered. While here I also asked to have the MDI update.
*Ok so today I ask if the part is in stock. He refused to say so. I showed him the TSB info from this blog and he said this is not even a VW number. *
Anyways it's on the lift as of 7:40am, by 8:30 it's down from lift. I hope the part is installed ending this rattle.*
9:00am tech and service manager take car on road test.*
Ok so here's the final word on today's visit to VW service: I went on test drive with service manager. He claims the noise is normal. He said there is a pipe so you hear the turbo. I stated that I thought the "noise" pipe was not installed on 2011 GTI. He then said it's air blown off from the turbo. I tried my best to not sound condescending to this gentleman. It seems that knowledge gained on this blog has given some of us good specific intelligence regarding some of the minutia concerning our vehicles.I asked if he would try the clip. He stated that the clip was expensive and that VWOA would have to approve of it. We drove back to dealership and I asked him to cleverly write up the request as to allow VWOA to release one of these clips to me. I saw the TSB at VW the clip looks like a simple piece of spring steel that sits on the connection on the wastegate actuator rod. After some reluctance he ordered the clip. He said it is a $75 part. I'm going back Thursday to have it installed.* As it turns out it will require two days.
Since he kept on mentioning the cost, do I now expect to have to pay out of pocket for this tiny piece of metal?

Steve
It is in fact a $75 part number. As long you car is under warranty it doesn't cost you anything... He'll it doesn't cost the dealer anything either, VW pays
Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #68
sgessler2011
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Now: MK7 GTI PP, traded in my 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBESTGTI View Post
It is in fact a $75 part number. As long you car is under warranty it doesn't cost you anything... He'll it doesn't cost the dealer anything either, VW pays
Thanks, I was pretty sure this was the case. I appreciate your quick reply,
Steve
PS see post #80 here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...e-SOLVED/page3
sgessler2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #69
Sirius

It sort of fixes it, not 100% but it's noticeable. It still happens on occasion.

I'm happy at least.

And it's bullshit if you get charged for it. I brought in my service bulletin and they installed the part (yes it is 75$) for free, no labor or anything. All under warranty.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #70
roksax
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Can't wait to get this done! Subscribed for more updates.