GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 GTI vs EVO9

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
My buddy said he beat and evo 9 by one car, he is stage 1 with intake and exhaust. The Evo was stock.

The evo has 286hp and 289tq how could this happen? I say the driver couldnt drive but what about you? Im curious is the evo9 that slow?

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
Ya he did...lied that is...

SRT2GTI

Banned
Stock Evos are slow from a roll period. and with the 20% power loss through the AWD a stock Evo only puts down about 225awhp.

SRT2GTI

Banned
yeah it all depends, on a roll sure, from a dig, nope

Only if driven correctly...Rarely do Evo or STi guys dump their clutches at 5,000 rpms. The majority feather it off the line and pretty much negate the point of the AWD launch.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Only if driven correctly...Rarely do Evo or STi guys dump their clutches at 5,000 rpms. The majority feather it off the line and pretty much negate the point of the AWD launch.

not the case around here lmao

WRX vs R32 GTR vs Buick GN (the gn was on street tires and messing around, on drag radials he would have KILLED both)

SRT2GTI

Banned
not the case around here lmao

WRX vs R32 GTR vs Buick GN (the gn was on street tires and messing around, on drag radials he would have KILLED both)

True dat. Those guys were obviously pushing serious power. In the case of your standard everyday stockish evo8-10...it's a rareity to see them launched correctly. I have a decently modified Evo X MR Touring (320 awhp to the wheels) and it's idiot proof to launch just because it comes with the two-step stock.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
True dat. Those guys were obviously pushing serious power. In the case of your standard everyday stockish evo8-10...it's a rareity to see them launched correctly. I have a decently modified Evo X MR Touring (320 awhp to the wheels) and it's idiot proof to launch just because it comes with the two-step stock.

the X MR have the auto trans right? or could you still get a 6 speed? i know the GSR's were 5 speed

SRT2GTI

Banned
the X MR have the auto trans right? or could you still get a 6 speed? i know the GSR's were 5 speed

It's a 6-speed dual clutch auto...very similar to the DSG. You can adjust the transmission to three settings; Normal, Sport, and Super-sport. Super-sport from a dead stop enables you to activate the launch control. The GSR is only optioned as a 5-speed manual. I believe the Evo 9 MR had a 6-speed manual.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion

What all do you have done to your EVO X that got you to 320awhp?

SRT2GTI

Banned
What all do you have done to your EVO X that got you to 320awhp?

AMS pro-tuned, AMS cold-air intake, AMS intercooler piping, boost-pill, CP-e catback exhaust. It's my wife's car, so I haven't had a chance to take it to the dragstrip this year. Going off butt-dyno, I would say it's good for a mid to high 12 second 1/4 mile.