fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
1st one looks oem.
2nd one looks like pvc pipes.
3rd one looks nice in red.

if you could, wait for another Unibrace sale. I got a pretty solid deal on mine

mikochu

boogerface
I've used GTSPEC chassis braces on a previous car and they were a great bang for your buck. However, as you can tell by the ebay description, they are updating the design. It's your money.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
yeah i read that, but how much are they going to change it?

They're probably changing it because that design is worthless. No resistance at all to Chassis twist. I think the Unibrace is the best design, but the most expensive. If you really want to deal with chassis flex this is the one to get. I noticed differences immediately on leaving my Driveway after the install..
Top it of with the XB and you've got one stiff bunny...

More Unibrace pics here:
http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/unibraces/

P

plac

the first pic doesnt look any better than stock, dont bother.

the second pic just looks cheap, and the lines arent even straight on most of them ive seen. sloppy.

the 3rd one unibrace is by far the best. and the front to back hold def makes a difference too, in take off and stopping flex. i noticed that more than i noticed side to side improvements.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I have the middle one (Ultra Racing) and can affirm it is strong! Very strong! I installed that along with their front brace and have no complaints at all so far.
Flimsy? Ha! I mounted it in a pair of vices and put some serious twist pressure (4' breaker bar) into it and nothing! It is made of oval steel tubing.
The main reason I went with Ultra Racing is because I have a resonated down pipe and as plac has already proven repeatedly, Unibrace just wont clear it.

Unibrace is a very quality piece otherwise though.

First pic is a joke. (GT Spec)

HERE is my install and review of the Ultra Racing braces. They can be purchased for less than $160 too!

OP, in my opinion, there is no such thing as "overkill" when it comes to bracing your chassis. As you can see in my sig I also run the Unibrace XB, and my car feels solid, without being harsh what so ever!

Last edited:

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Any DP : AWE or 42 Draft designs??

I have the middle one (Ultra Racing) and can affirm it is strong! Very strong! I installed that along with their front brace and have no complaints at all so far.
Flimsy? Ha! I mounted it in a pair of vices and put some serious twist pressure (4' breaker bar) into it and nothing! It is made of oval steel tubing.
The main reason I went with Ultra Racing is because I have a resonated down pipe and as plac has already proven repeatedly, Unibrace just wont clear it.

Unibrace is a very quality piece otherwise though.

First pic is a joke. (GT Spec)

HERE is my install and review of the Ultra Racing braces. They can be purchased for less than $160 too!

OP, in my opinion, there is no such thing as "overkill" when it comes to bracing your chassis. As you can see in my sig I also run the Unibrace XB, and my car feels solid, without being harsh what so ever!

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Any DP : AWE or 42 Draft designs??

No, just down pipes that have resonators built in. Not regular down pipes with cats only.
Plac ended up (on one of his projects) putting in a small diameter resonator.
AWE has a resonator but not sure if anyone has posted up if that would fit or not.
UNIbrace did make a spacer kit to push theirs down a bit to clear resonators and plac along with Aries Pope did a little review here.

I can only assume that with the AWE DP, the UNIbrace will hit it if you didn't use the spacer kit.