GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #169
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce118 View Post
I hit 160 easy every now and again. (Closed course of course) and she easily would pull higher if there was room and enough life insurance. K04 100oct
i have a 100k policy. Well its a life insurance/retirement thing. As in i have 100k life insurance but the extra money gets put into a kind of retirement fund with investments and stuff. According to the insurance guy, a friend of my dad, my projection is at 65 i will be able to start taking out 20-24k per year from my fund. Which the way social security is almost gone as it is in 40 years an extra 20k per year couldnt hurt.

But then again i have no one so it just goes to my moms if i die now.

That being said im stage 2 and the fastest ive been is 127 indicated. I dont really have the need for speed anymore. I like spirited driving but i dont see the point for me to be freight training along anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #170
zef
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
i have a 100k policy. Well its a life insurance/retirement thing. As in i have 100k life insurance but the extra money gets put into a kind of retirement fund with investments and stuff. According to the insurance guy, a friend of my dad, my projection is at 65 i will be able to start taking out 20-24k per year from my fund. Which the way social security is almost gone as it is in 40 years an extra 20k per year couldnt hurt.

But then again i have no one so it just goes to my moms if i die now.

That being said im stage 2 and the fastest ive been is 127 indicated. I dont really have the need for speed anymore. I like spirited driving but i dont see the point for me to be freight training along anymore.
I almost invested in a similar policy. Decided to invest in bitcoin instead. Boy was I glad I made that decision haha

You guys should consider a 1/2 mile roll racing event. wanngofast does them several times a year, it's a good time, and you'd be surprised the kind of cars that come..not everyone brings a UGR Lambo/GTR.

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #171
smanierre
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
I almost invested in a similar policy. Decided to invest in bitcoin instead. Boy was I glad I made that decision haha

You guys should consider a 1/2 mile roll racing event. wanngofast does them several times a year, it's a good time, and you'd be surprised the kind of cars that come..not everyone brings a UGR Lambo/GTR.
Anything like this around CT?
smanierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:55 PM   #172
Jcarollo765
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
165mph
Current Mods: APR K04 V3.2 & TCU V1.6//42DD DP//Unitronic Intake//H&R 26/24 Sways//Unibrace XB//SuperPro ALK//BSH Engine & Pendulum Mount//HPA 75a//Do88 Intercooler//H&R Cup Kit//Evo Boost Gauge//Soumatrix Speakers//BFI Stage 2 Tran Mount//GFB DV+//H&R 10/10 Spacers//Tyrol Brake Kit & Pads//Corgi Hair
Jcarollo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #173
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I honestly don't think I've ever had my mk6 above 100 mph. If I did it's only been once.
I took my mk4 up to 120 plenty of times though, and in places I definitely should have been. Pretty sure I hit 140 in that car before too.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #174
GreyGti1990
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Same. I think the fastest I've gone in this Gti is around 120/130 but that was only a handful of times. I don't feel the need for going that fast anymore either. I rarely go over 80 now unless I'm doing a run with someone (which is rare).

Constantly driving like an ass hat and going in excess of 80 is just asking for a reckless driving charge... its just a matter of WHEN, not if. I've had my fair share of those growing up.

But back in the day I hit 150/160 in my mk4 Vr6 2.8L VF supercharged gti with 2 others in the car with me.... and in my Mk4 R32 I hit 160+ with 3 others in the car with me. Speedo only went up to 160 but I still had gear left in 6th... anddddd thats how I totaled my R32. Already flew past my exit once that night and had already turned around and was about to speed by it again when I decided I'd just take the exit ramp going fast.... yea well the exit ramp was very sharp and I made friends with the guard rail allll the way down. If that guard rail wasn't there... we probably all would have died.

Lesson learned the hard way; just glad everyone was alright. And boy do I wish I still had that Mk4 R32... it would be turbo'ed by now....
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+,SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails, New Tensioner.
Soon to Come: Tints, R Bumper, Headlights, Pendulum Mount, Rear sway
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:41 PM   #175
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
I consistently do 140-155mph. I have a really long drive to work and most of the time no one is on the road, early morning. I've ended fifth gear a lot and go into sixth for another 15 seconds. The car runs out of steam at 148mph but will go passed 150mph given a little more road. Fourth gear ends right at 116mph and I do that a few times a week.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #176
avni
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK6
SICK ^^

Do you experience LOUD tire noise?

My tires SCREAM when im doing over 80 LOL embarrassing shit
avni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #177
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by avni View Post
SICK ^^

Do you experience LOUD tire noise?

My tires SCREAM when im doing over 80 LOL embarrassing shit
probably due to your tires groves and compound.
A high quality tire will be quieter with higher speed in comparison to a economy tire.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #178
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6NGT View Post
I consistently do 140-155mph. I have a really long drive to work and most of the time no one is on the road, early morning. I've ended fifth gear a lot and go into sixth for another 15 seconds. The car runs out of steam at 148mph but will go passed 150mph given a little more road. Fourth gear ends right at 116mph and I do that a few times a week.

Need more steam
Old 12-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #179
KO_81
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf Mk6 GTD
125mph, slowed down as I was frightened about my license.

Tornado Red, 3 door, Seattle shadow alloys, OEM Bi-Xenons, Stage 1 Remap
KO_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #180
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Same. I think the fastest I've gone in this Gti is around 120/130 but that was only a handful of times. I don't feel the need for going that fast anymore either. I rarely go over 80 now unless I'm doing a run with someone (which is rare).

Constantly driving like an ass hat and going in excess of 80 is just asking for a reckless driving charge... its just a matter of WHEN, not if. I've had my fair share of those growing up.

But back in the day I hit 150/160 in my mk4 Vr6 2.8L VF supercharged gti with 2 others in the car with me.... and in my Mk4 R32 I hit 160+ with 3 others in the car with me. Speedo only went up to 160 but I still had gear left in 6th... anddddd thats how I totaled my R32. Already flew past my exit once that night and had already turned around and was about to speed by it again when I decided I'd just take the exit ramp going fast.... yea well the exit ramp was very sharp and I made friends with the guard rail allll the way down. If that guard rail wasn't there... we probably all would have died.

Lesson learned the hard way; just glad everyone was alright. And boy do I wish I still had that Mk4 R32... it would be turbo'ed by now....

I also once easily got 166mph (gps) in my mk4 R32 and it had loads left, totally factory setup too! Excellent engine that V6.

Iíve had just over 140mph from my current MK6 gti too on the same stretch of road (closed of course), also factory standard, it did have a bit left but nothing like the R32 did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #181
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosfandango View Post
I also once easily got 166mph (gps) in my mk4 R32 and it had loads left, totally factory setup too! Excellent engine that V6.

Iíve had just over 140mph from my current MK6 gti too on the same stretch of road (closed of course), also factory standard, it did have a bit left but nothing like the R32 did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R32ís are slow.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:22 PM   #182
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Dat Vr6 doe.
Quote:
Quote: