GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I dont think the V6 RS Camaro thought my car was cute when I destroyed him yesterday on I20.

Ha some tool in a Camaro tried to race me on the way to work this morning. If I had a k04 like you, I would've indulged him. And killed him.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I'm female and drive a GTI. I went in for my 10k service and the service rep, which happened to be female, said I was the first female she had ever come across driving a GTI. She said that normally females drive the Jettas, CCs, Bettles or EOS. I'd rock a CC and maybe the lastest Bettle, but the others?? Hell no.

badass girl is badass.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Thread is making me laugh. I have a MKV Gti, that funny enough I purchased from a firefighter from Miami. Thing is, I bought it for my wife. She's 35 and v.hot and young looking for a mom of two, so I thought the Gti was appropiate for her. I drive it at weekends cos its a blast and never do I feel its a ladies car.. Yes the Jetta, EOS and Bettle, absolutely.. But not the Gti. Actually I think my next car is going to be a MKVI, which is exactly why I subscribed to this forum. I'd say the Gti is geared towards a 25-35 yr old, who want performance... I am actually 40, but look young so i can probably get away with it.

In Europe & the UK (which is where I'm originally from) the Gti is much more highly respected. It's the ultimate hatch to have.. Definitely more geared towards a man who wants performance. Ages 25-40.. Or younger if you're lucky enough to be able to afford the insurance. But still fine for someone older to be seen driving.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Personally, I think it's hot when women drive performance oriented cars, whether they know it or not.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
So what do you like better?

Me? I like the R32 far better. It's a much more refined and enjoyable drive with the smooth VR6 power and AWD.

My wife likes the GTI better because, as she says "It's peppy and I can pass people easy" :laugh:

And yes; the R32 is faster than the GTI :thumbsup:

Nevileon

Passed Driver's Ed
I pulled up next to a Mk IV (yup, the I is in the right place) GTI yesterday. Looked in and was surprised to see a middle aged lady. Sure her GTI was decked out for comfort (read: gigantic fuzzy steering wheel cover, and fuzzy wool seat covers).

I waved but she was talking on her phone and oblivious. I was concerned that she may have bought the car not realizing what kind of beast lay underneath the hood.

My fears were completely unwarranted though. The light turned green and she proceeded to rocket away with a bit of wheel spin, leaving me behind with a bemused and perplexed grin. (See: Previous posts about learning to launch my car :p)

Totally made my night.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
My wife never swiped my Jetta (stock, manual, 2.0T), but she steals my GTI all the time, and she used to steal my M Roadster all the time too.

She's a hottie, and she loves the attention/looks she gets from guys when she drives cool cars, and she likes racing people from stoplights. :attention_whore:

Every time she runs an errand now, I hear my GTI start up. :iono:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
My wife never swiped my Jetta (stock, manual, 2.0T), but she steals my GTI all the time, and she used to steal my M Roadster all the time too.

She's a hottie, and she loves the attention/looks she gets from guys when she drives cool cars, and she likes racing people from stoplights. :attention_whore:

Every time she runs an errand now, I hear my GTI start up. :iono:

lol I'm in the same boat. She drove it 2 nights ago with K04 and says she'll be stealing it a lot more now......damnit...

Cant complain though! :thumbsup:

chino246

Ready to race!
Wow, my wife is deprived...She doesn't really get to drive my car (unless she is the DD for that night)

chino246

Ready to race!