GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insults to your GTI

ReznorsApostle

Ready to race!
"cute car" the worst. I have a buddy who always hates on mine new one. I crashed my old gti and he said "an sti or an Evo and you would've saved that wreck." and doesn't like my hipster plaid. I tried explaining the heritage and tradition of the gti but I just think he plays too many tuner-style video games. But everyone else who sits inside the car loves the upscale mature interior and I love showing off the dsg burps

NCedillos

Es Un Jefe
Been called cute by an older guy, I am a girl... 2nd most annoying was a customer came in asked what I drove, told him and he said hey do you have the flower in it like the Beetle? :|

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
I went for Taco Bell one Friday night not knowing the location serves as a Friday import get together for Japanese/Korean cars. I had some not so nice looks but that was it.

StayStetti

Banned
Guy at school who thinks he knows everything about cars (who actually drives a 88 ford ranger) Said "all I could hear was your tiny turbo trying to spool when you drove past"

fml

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I also had someone call my car a minivan when I had my R32. Honestly I got a lot of compliments from the r32. Not that much from the GTI. But all my friends with more expensive cars love my car. I love it more and more day by day.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I have owned my car almost 2 years now and gotten no insults, maybe around 6-7 compliments/questions from random people.

fullback

Passed Driver's Ed
1. "Boyracer"
2. "Ricer"
3. "Why didn't you get a mustang?"
4. "It's just a dinky little hatchback."
5. "FWD is for pussies"

And anytime I say I drive a VW, people assume I drive a beetle

Too expensive for what it is...

My response...

Attachments

• gtfo-meme-rage-face.png
    gtfo-meme-rage-face.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 165

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
guys, get over it. when a girl tells u ur car is cute, its a compliment. what kind of girl dont want a ride in a cute car? its a win.
but when a guy starts calling ur gti cute, then u should be worried. either he is into u, or he is hating.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Enthusiasts compliment my car. Clueless folks have asked why I got a 'wagon' or aren't you a little old for that style of car (I'm in my 40s). The only time I felt my ears ringing and my eyes seeing a blood mist was when a scion Tc driver said my car looked like a Toyota Matrix. Nearly bloodied my lip, I bit it so hard.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
krautmobile.

RobC2

"There's no room to get laid in the back"

Not that I have tried it in this car, but having a great deal of success in that area in my third generation f-bodies (82-92 Camaros and Firebirds) when I was younger, which are nowhere near as space efficient as my GTI, I will offer these possibilities. Both rear seats down, or front passenger seat fully reclined or heck, even the back seat as it stands is pretty accommodating. :)