GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Mk6 GTI Autobahn 6MT DBP
Lucas' BMP Mk6 Autobahn GTI build (Orlando, FL)

(FOR MOST RECENT POSTS/PICS, GO TO THE LAST PAGE!)
Hey my name’s Lucas and I’m from Orlando, FL. I bought my BMP 2012 GTI Autobahn 2 door 6 speed on July 20th, 2012 and figured I’d start a build thread for the heck of it… thanks for looking around

Here’s my previous ride… 2000 white Jetta 2.Slooow. Coilovers, wheels, roof rack, 4motion front valance, GLI skirts, etc…..

EuroTreffen 2010

WinterJam 2011

Random Photoshoot in Orlando (Early 2012)

My future plans for the mk6:
Performance:
~full exhaust, intake, stage 2 tune (maybe stage 3 later on)

Suspension/Wheels:
~Air ride – AirLift Slam XL/AirLift shocks front, SS-5 with Dorbitz D-Cups and AirLift shocks rear, Autopilot V2 digital management, and dual 444c Viair compressors
~ Some kind of multi piece wheels not really completely set on one set yet but considering some Work Equip 05’s a buddy of mine is trying to sell me or if I decide not to do multi piece to do something cheaper probably 3SDM’s 0.05

Exterior/Interior:
~OEM roof rack, Mk5 style side skirts (cant remember the name of the company that makes them…), front valance, eventually shave the front side markers and rear bumber reflectors, Golf R top badgeless grille, Golf bottom center grille, I’ll probably do some interior work since I enjoyed doing it on my mk4 along with a bunch of my friend’s cars…

Onto the pics…
7/20/12 - Day of purchase (actually got it delivered to my job by the dealership bc I was having troubles with the mk4 and they took longer to get it in from Sarasota)

7/21/12 – first full day with the car… tooks some pics around the car.

7/21/12 – blacked out the front bumper markers and rear bumper reflectors

7/26/12 – got the windows tinted (15% all around)

8/12/12 – sold the Jetta so went on a little shopping spree ordered a Newsouth Vent pod with boost gauge, Raceland 3 inch downpipe, Nuespeed P-Flo intake, and Forge DV.

8/20/12 – Boost gauge came in the mail and installed it the same day

8/22/12 – Forge DV and spacer came in (waiting to get the downpipe to do it all at once). MJMAutohaus just informed me the Nuespeed P-Flo is on back order… gonna be about another week till it comes in

8/23/12 – Raceland 3 inch downpipe arrived. Installed it and the Forge DV (not using the spacer… don’t really care about it and actually not crazy about the Forge DV as it doesn’t really do anything… not that I or anyone else didn’t already know that. I’m a turbo noob so the little bit of slightly noticeable flutter sounds is alright).

Last edited by Sreter; 01-21-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Sreter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

Still have the stock axle back exhaust... a bit too quiet for my liking (already knew it was gonna be...) so i'm going this weekend or next week to the muffler shop to see if i can get the rest finished up in a 3 inch... most likely gonna go with a resonator and magna flow mufflers with 4 inch tips or something like the stock look but a bit bigger. trying to get a nice deep rumbly tone, nothing too obnoxious or raspy...
Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
recognized1
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 VW GTI
Orlando representing! Interested to see your results with the custom cat back. I was thinking either going Magnaflow or a similar route to you.
recognized1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by recognized1 View Post
Orlando representing! Interested to see your results with the custom cat back. I was thinking either going Magnaflow or a similar route to you.
I'm trying to go tomorrow after i come back from a surf sesh in the morning so hopefully i can come back before they close up. Otherwise, I'll go Wednesday so i'll post up on here how it sounds and what not. I'll try n get a sound clip as well.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

MJMAutohaus FINALLY shipped my intake today! super psyched... comes in on Thursday
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

finally got my exhaust done... went a bit of a different route... i originally wanted to get the 3 inch magnaflow catback... instead i just had the muffler shop delete the suitcase muffler for now. I didnt want to spend the $525 on the catback yet so i can get my tune sooner. sounds pretty good. here are some pics and i'm gonna see about posting a sound clip on YouTube so i can post it up on here.

Before:

After:

Sound Clip: (not sure how to post the actual video instead of the link...)
http://youtu.be/58V-xS7WFuY?hd=1
'12 BMP GTI Autobahn 2 Door 6MT | APR Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | 3" Catless DP | 3" Magnaflow CB | Forge DV | AirLift AutoPilot V2 Bagged | Audi Merlin Purple Work Equip 05 18x8.5/10 | Euro LED tails | OEM Roof Rack | NewSouth Vent Boost Gauge | OSIR Carbon Front Lip | Full Bamboo Trunk Setup |
My Mk6 Autobahn GTI Build || The Euro Alliance || Instagram: @vdub_sreter
Old 08-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Deathbyart
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2011 Autobahn GTI
Did you just use rattlecan to black out the markers? It looks good but curious how it looks in person. I may try that.
Deathbyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbyart View Post
Did you just use rattlecan to black out the markers? It looks good but curious how it looks in person. I may try that.
yea its just VHT Nightshades... usually people use those to black out tail lights and what not... its transparent but you can layer it on to make it completely black. mine still show some light through at night when the bulbs are on. Not a perfect color match obviously bc its not BMP but good enough till i completely shave them
'12 BMP GTI Autobahn 2 Door 6MT | APR Stage 2 | BSH Race Intake | 3" Catless DP | 3" Magnaflow CB | Forge DV | AirLift AutoPilot V2 Bagged | Audi Merlin Purple Work Equip 05 18x8.5/10 | Euro LED tails | OEM Roof Rack | NewSouth Vent Boost Gauge | OSIR Carbon Front Lip | Full Bamboo Trunk Setup |
Old 08-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

my intake FINALLY came in today! took me about a half hour from the time the UPS guy drop it off till i finished installing it lol i was way too anxious...

(i know one of the clamps is missing... i used one of the 2 that came with the kit to replace the annoying factory clamp on the MAF/intake pipe so i went to AutoZone and picked up another one)
Old 09-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

Went to Performance Race Solutions yesterday morning and got my APR Stage 2 tune done. The car really woke up after that! it runs amazing! Just placed my order for my air ride today from BagRiders so anxious!!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

My air ride finally shipped today from Bag Riders! Should be here in about a week. i'll have some pics up when i get it and hopefully wont be long till i can knock out the install
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

Air Ride is here!!! hopefully starting the trunk setup today and finishing it this week. Bags will go in hopefully this weekend if i can make some time

Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
Sreter
Touring Car Champion

got a few little things in the mail today...

Seat lever inserts

Euroswitch

Also, started building my trunk setup for the air ride today. Got most of the basic frame done. Gonna put all the pieces in there and install the bags on Friday!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Brexin
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CW 4 Door DSG
Ride is looking nice, looking forward to seeing how the air setup turns out.
Brexin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, air bags, autobahn, gti