GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hearing medal like click when I pull out of parking spot - anyone else?

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been noticing when I hop in the car after it's been sitting, start it, put in reverse and start rolling out of my spot... I hear a small medal click from underneath the car. Happens in 1st gear and Reverse. Anyone else notice this? Car drives fine and this is intermittent, just curious.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Is it almost like a screech but at a low tone like something needs to be lubed?

Hondarc

are you backing out of a slopped driveway? every once in a while I here a clicking sound , but i'm coming out of slopped driveway, it's the only time I ever hear it.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
I know exactly the sound that ur referring to. Used to happen all the time. However it was due to my bsh pendulum or torque arm insert bolts. The minute I lubed them well the sound disappeared. Also happened with my autotech insert. R u stock?

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
yes. always when reversing out of my driveway with wheels turned. a weird noise.

Yes I am all stock at the moment it what he described sounds accurate to what I"m hearing. A PA-Ting! quick clicking noise.

P

plac

Yes I am all stock at the moment it what he described sounds accurate to what I"m hearing. A PA-Ting! quick clicking noise.

always wanted to investigate, but it doesnt really bother me enough to care.

JettaRacer

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like you guys are talking about the brake pads clicking in the carriers when you change direction from reverse to forward and from forward to reverse. There is play in the carriers and the pads may click a bit as the brake rotors change direction.

P

plac

Sounds like you guys are talking about the brake pads clicking in the carriers when you change direction from reverse to forward and from forward to reverse. There is play in the carriers and the pads may click a bit as the brake rotors change direction.

no, its a continuous click. for the entire time im backing up w wheels turned.