GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alcon BBK installed on Golf R‏

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Well I finally got the chance to have my new Alcon BBK installed on my baby car!

Kit is an Alcon Advantage Extreme 365mmx32 four piston system.

I would like to thank TEFF for his advice and info as well as Daniel from JDL-brakes who has been very helpful and professional.

The kit is a direct replacement and comes with all parts supplied including DOT5.1 brake fluid, upgraded brake lines and Pagid 9-2 fast street pads. Installation was quite simple for the shop and took about 2+ hours.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: the OEM talladega 18 inch will NOT clear the calipers unless you install a 8 or 10mm wheel spacer (total wheelbase extension of 16 to 20 mm). For my part I went for H&R 10mm spacers cause it's nicer, safer for clearing the calipers and at the same time does not cause any tire-fender rubbing (with euro OEM suspension that is).

The result was a perfect flush look that's made the car's stance so much nicer 9as you can see from the last two pics) :thumbsup:

The kit from Alcon is definitely the largest possible safe fit on 18 inch wheels.

As for the brakes themselves, well one word AMAAAAAAAZING :thumbup: :thumbup: in both looks and performance (although I am still in the running-in period I can tell the immediate difference in bite and response, and that is comparing them to the R oem brakes which are already pretty damn excellent!!). I was especially relieved to see that performance when cold during city-driving is excellent.

I have done 6 repeated stops from 100kph to bed-in the brakes as recommended and can't wait to try them out after i'm done with the 400km running in:p

The Alcons are also noticeably lighter than the OEM brakes :), (I haven't weighed the exact difference yet but i'd say 5-6Kg per wheel).

More updates to come on this after I get back to some spirited driving!...Pics below...

Attachments

• photo0.JPG
    photo0.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 19,519
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 20,108
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,233
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 19,588
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 870

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
How much for everything if you dont saying?
I might consider this in the future myself

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Thx guys:)
For the price, a quality bbk is not a cheap upgrade;) alcons cost me $2700
For that money, i am happy that they turned out to be excellent lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Hehehe thx TEFF, ur build and reviews played a big role in this decision