GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 12-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #7813
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorr83 View Post
I put in a halogen 194na, not an LED. I knew going LED meant vagcom.

Oh ok, did you try and flip the bulb? Maybe something to do with polarity?
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #7814
tylorr83
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2013 White GTI DSG 4 door
I will give that a shot tonight when I get back home! Didn't even consider that. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #7815
notovicrious
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTi 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorr83 View Post
I will give that a shot tonight when I get back home! Didn't even consider that. Thanks!

Np, if the light was on it should be fine but itís worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
notovicrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:30 PM   #7816
AGEE4
Touring Car Newbie

Drives:
If I have a 2013 GTI, when will I first need to smog my car?

AGEE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #7817
TakmaN
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW GTI 6MT
Anyone know what direction the front sway bar end links should be attached to the strut/shock body? I had coilovers installed a while ago and was working under my car today and noticed that they're installed opposite of each other on the driver and passenger sides.

The driver side has the joint facing the front and the nut facing the rear of the car and the passenger side has the ball joint facing the back of the car and the nut facing the front. Is it supposed to be like this? If not, can anyone chime in on the direction it's supposed to face? Seems odd but wanted to ask.
Mod List: Unitronic Stage 1 | Neuspeed P-Flo | VMR 810 | ST Coilovers | Magnaflow Catback | Dieselgeek Sigma 6 | OEM LED Tail Lights w/ LED Reverse | Newsouth Boost Gauge | Boomba Shift Knob | Euro Switch | Euro Cup Holders | OEM Front Lip | Blind Spot Mirror | Soundaktor Delete | VAG-COM Coding
Wish List: Unibrace UB | FFE Shift Bracket Bushings
TakmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #7818
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakmaN View Post
Anyone know what direction the front sway bar end links should be attached to the strut/shock body? I had coilovers installed a while ago and was working under my car today and noticed that they're installed opposite of each other on the driver and passenger sides.

The driver side has the joint facing the front and the nut facing the rear of the car and the passenger side has the ball joint facing the back of the car and the nut facing the front. Is it supposed to be like this? If not, can anyone chime in on the direction it's supposed to face? Seems odd but wanted to ask.
If they're oem it's the only possible way you can do it. I noticed that when I swapped to aftermarket endlinks. I changed it so it was in the front on both sides, but idk if that was the right thing to do lol...the way the oem endlinks were set up just seemed so wrong though.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:17 AM   #7819
TakmaN
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
If they're oem it's the only possible way you can do it. I noticed that when I swapped to aftermarket endlinks. I changed it so it was in the front on both sides, but idk if that was the right thing to do lol...the way the oem endlinks were set up just seemed so wrong though.
Thanks! I was tempted to try turning the driving side front sway bar end link around since it took a bit of wrestling for me to get the sway bar onto the end link bolt. The passenger side slid right on perfectly. Note that this is the stock sway bar and end links.
Mod List: Unitronic Stage 1 | Neuspeed P-Flo | VMR 810 | ST Coilovers | Magnaflow Catback | Dieselgeek Sigma 6 | OEM LED Tail Lights w/ LED Reverse | Newsouth Boost Gauge | Boomba Shift Knob | Euro Switch | Euro Cup Holders | OEM Front Lip | Blind Spot Mirror | Soundaktor Delete | VAG-COM Coding
Wish List: Unibrace UB | FFE Shift Bracket Bushings
TakmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:37 AM   #7820
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakmaN View Post
Thanks! I was tempted to try turning the driving side front sway bar end link around since it took a bit of wrestling for me to get the sway bar onto the end link bolt. The passenger side slid right on perfectly. Note that this is the stock sway bar and end links.
You have them installed properly

If you're lowered (since you're on coilovers)....it might take a little more force, since the sway bar & the mounting tab will be in a slightly different location from stock now (the sway bar probably rotated too, in the bushings, so it won't just "easily" connect to the strut)
Old 12-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #7821
SirClimax
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2014 CSG GTI
DSG GTI can do at least 103mph on cruise control. Not sure how much higher I am willing to go...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

COBB Stage 2/SPM Turboback/IE Intake/Airlift Performance V2/Golf R Front Brakes/Tyrolsport Caliper Stiffening Kit/Slotted Rotors/Stoptech Pads/SS Lines/RBF600 Fluid/Neuspeed Rear Swaybar & Endlinks/VMR V701
SirClimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #7822
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Anyone on here done stud conversion kit?

2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #7823
joshmoni

Drives: VW Golf mk6 TDi
Front parking sensor harness connection location.

Basically,
I have front parking sensors as standard, but recently i fitted a new front bumper which came without the parking sensor holes. I didn't have the correct tools to make the holes so i left it a little while. In the meantime i simply tied the parking sensors somewhere under the bonnet.

There i am one day driving along, the parking sensors come loose and somehow end up under my wheel. They're now gone...

Upon buying some new parking sensors and making the holes in the bumper to fit them, i cannot find where the harness is meant to connect to? (Like where do they connect to the car to receive power ect.)

Anything that results in the location of said connector will be rewarded with a firm thank you.
joshmoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #7824
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmoni View Post
Basically,
I have front parking sensors as standard, but recently i fitted a new front bumper which came without the parking sensor holes. I didn't have the correct tools to make the holes so i left it a little while. In the meantime i simply tied the parking sensors somewhere under the bonnet.

There i am one day driving along, the parking sensors come loose and somehow end up under my wheel. They're now gone...

Upon buying some new parking sensors and making the holes in the bumper to fit them, i cannot find where the harness is meant to connect to? (Like where do they connect to the car to receive power ect.)

Anything that results in the location of said connector will be rewarded with a firm thank you.

after some digging around this thread might be helpful http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51758

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #7825
uglybastard
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: VW Mk6 CSG GTI 2D 6MT; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Anyone on here done stud conversion kit?

no, but what do you want to know about it

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 AM   #7826
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
no, but what do you want to know about it

Best kit to buy in case anyone has done it lol.

2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote