GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Low oil pressure. Turn engine off immiedietly."

Atty

Ready to race!
That was the message that greeted me today as I was getting onto the interstate.

Before I could do anything about it, being that I was doing around 65 at the time (thought I'd slow down before cutting the engine) it went away. Haven't had it since and I drove 50 miles since then.

What is the problem? I have no way of taking it to the dealer tomorrow before work and *might* get there after work. Should I be worried?

Car is at 3,200 miles without having its courtesy inspection done (only 60 days old).

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Lol! Yeah you sloshed the oil to one side and sensor said you didn't have any pressure! You were probably WOT at the time too.

Via Tapatalk

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Likely that your oil is low and you were taking the onramp kind of quickly. This forces all of the oil to one end of the pan and your oil pickup has a hard time getting the oil it needs. Once you flattened out the pickup did it's job and your pressure returned. That used to be a MAJOR killer of SVT Contours.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like a sensor issue, usually when the oil dummy light comes on its too late. IIRC it comes on at <5psi.