GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Eh, these (dark cherry) are now $399 (+ tax for California) shipped on eBay. From the original place that offered them. Group buy price doesn't seem any sort of discount - unless adding in a years warranty. But there also seems more options here.

No LED tail lights are DOT compliant - no side light when standing directly at the side of the car. No one will know or care.
These are great lights

Thanks xd...

Guys Im calling my vendor now! Let me see what I can do for us... I want a better deal! Hang tight.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
$405 is still a great deal. Especially given the options available
Other price seems temporary. Normally were $440.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Can your vendor get any LED DRL Headlights for the pre-facelift Tiguan (2009-2011)? I would be interested in a set of those.

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Thanks xd...

Guys Im calling my vendor now! Let me see what I can do for us... I want a better deal! Hang tight.

Alright everyone, I got a better deal and I will update the OP. This was the best I could do...

Sorry guys I didn't do more research before going to the vendor. Hope you like the new price! :happyanim:

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
I have a tornado red GTI and I'm personally leaning towards the dark cherry with smoked turn.
But what do you guys think would look better out of all 3??? I would really like to know

Tornado Red was my first choice! I would go with the dark cherry and smoke turn for modest. The smoke would look good if you were doing tinted windows and black wheels. An entire Red and Black theme nice.

Not gonna lie... idk what it means to have tinted turns? :iono: and I agree... cherry red is probably best for me.

The tinted turn is a slightly tinted turn signal instead of the clear turn signal. Its another option. They are nice!

How long are you keeping the group buy open?

Debating between dark cherry or smoke on a CSG. I would love to see the smoke ones with the lights on.

So far its open until New Years. I think if we keep orders coming they are willing to run longer.

oh sweet. Thnks

And they finally fixed the problem, depo use to stamp their logo and DOT safety on their tails, very annoying!

I will just be buying this then, thank you.

Dont go to the dark side, we got a better deal! :lol:

$375 shipped and Im in!

Come on help the forum only $10 off

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Well done sir. Good job.
Btw they aren't necessarily R taillights. Make sure you make clear for GTI also - and TDI and Golf. All mk6s.
GTIs in Europe also get them. Don't know why people call them Golf R taillights

Edit: I guess the R means the darker tint version and maybe GTI gets the normal cherry ones. Didn't realize that.

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Buy one and find out, ive got a TR too just waiting to pull the trigger on one of these LED rear sets when i find the right one:thumbsup:

Normal cherry color looks good on CW. I would think the same with TR. not on other colors though. the dark cherry also looks great on both.
I'd think twice about the tinted turn signal lights. The reverse lights and the indicator lights are not that bright on the LED taillights. A lot thinner lighting area and lesser watt bulbs. Would think the tint would diminish this further. ...... maybe
Also, standard it just looks awesome and stock. Tinted would look more aftermarket imo

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
Normal cherry color looks good on CW. I would think the same with TR. not on other colors though. the dark cherry also looks great on both.
I'd think twice about the tinted turn signal lights. The reverse lights and the indicator lights are not that bright on the LED taillights. A lot thinner lighting area and lesser watt bulbs. Would think the tint would diminish this further. ...... maybe
Also, standard it just looks awesome and stock. Tinted would look more aftermarket imo

Yea i was leaning towards the untinted cherries like OEM GTI LED tails and not Golf R but none of these rep vendors sell them!:mad0259:

hkl0ve

Ready to race!
Jump in on this guys! Anyone that has been holding off on getting LED tails (like me)..this is the perfect chance! This is the cheapest brand new option right now AND for Depo brand lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.