GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
SlimJ1891
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Gti Mkvi
Incorrect fuel indication.

2012 Mk6 GTI stage 1+ with clutch and exhaust to match.. also have 2 batteryís amplifiers and subs that tap into the electrical system.. also since I crashed my car shortly after getting it Iíve had other fuel issues, such as, I have to slowly fill my gas tank or it will overflow or shuts the pump off.. so I have to slowly keep clicking the pump back on over and over because I believe the hose running to the tank probably has a kink in it somewhere preventing the fuel from smoothly pouring into the tank.

I have had a few ghost electrical problems with this car in the past such as lights burning out the Display indicating a burnt out light when everything is fine.. or burnt out fuses for various things like the horn..

So Iíve ran out of gas 4 times now when my car says I fuel in the tank. At first I thought the high pressure FP gave out when my car completely stopped running on the highway. So needless to say if Iím not carefully monitoring the amount of fuel I put in and use it can lead to a dangerous situation.

I think the resolution of to replace the LPFP because from my understanding thatís where the fuel level sensor is location. So instead of replacing just a sensor I believe I have to replace the whole pump.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with this car (or others)? what fixed the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SlimJ1891 is offline   Reply With Quote