GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > TDI / GTD discussions

Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtdi View Post
Usually 1-2 notches
wow it takes me driving at least 3-4 miles before it even moves. adn i let my car warm up for at least a minute each morning.
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
xytbyk
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: FiST, V60 T6 R-Design
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave_Tdi View Post
started installing this stuff...
Where'd you pick up the trim pieces from? How was the fitment?

I'd like to do something similar.
xytbyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Shockwave_Tdi
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 Golf Tdi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xytbyk View Post
Where'd you pick up the trim pieces from? How was the fitment?

I'd like to do something similar.
www.orientalparts.com

have the dash pieces in.. pop out from the bottom easy peasey... fits perfect

i haven't tackled the doors yet...
Shockwave_Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
xytbyk
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: FiST, V60 T6 R-Design
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave_Tdi View Post
www.orientalparts.com

have the dash pieces in.. pop out from the bottom easy peasey... fits perfect

i haven't tackled the doors yet...
Thanks a lot.
xytbyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #19
85RedGolf2.5
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Golf TDI w/DSG
still waiting for mine to return from the repair shop...

Got rear ended by what I think was a Meth Head.

I was in the right turn lane about to turn into my apt complex and this jack ass slams into my left rear essentially doing a pit manuever/earnhardted me. I was doing around 20 mph at impact, and he hit me hard enough to spin me back into traffic and off to the side again... And you know how the vw's now have the engine cut off in the presence of air bags or roll over??? Well, no airbags, but engine cut off (tdi with dsg) and the hazards came on. This d-bag then tries to tell the cops that he was being blocked by me, and I was trying to "fraud" him with someone else on the road. While he was yelling at the cops they asked him what happened last week, and a year ago after they ran his record... apartently he was tazed a couple weeks ago by them, and a year ago arrested on road rage and attemped manslaughter in Oklahoma...Cops gave him wreckless driving ticket.

Progressive is still fighting his cheap arsed Direct General auto insurance due to they are unable to contact the driver, and he hasn't filed a claim on the car he was borrowing to do taxi service...

Word of adv to all my VW friends and commrades... If you are drunk and are taking a taxi, please call a reputable taxi company instead of your local "fly by night" taxi agencies, People like that scumbag most likely will be your driver!!!

"Yo Kate, where do you keep the casserole dishes? (Why?) The cat won't fit in the toaster." ALF
85RedGolf2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
BlueDubbinTDI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf TDI 4-door 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85RedGolf2.5 View Post
still waiting for mine to return from the repair shop...

Got rear ended by what I think was a Meth Head.

I was in the right turn lane about to turn into my apt complex and this jack ass slams into my left rear essentially doing a pit manuever/earnhardted me. I was doing around 20 mph at impact, and he hit me hard enough to spin me back into traffic and off to the side again... And you know how the vw's now have the engine cut off in the presence of air bags or roll over??? Well, no airbags, but engine cut off (tdi with dsg) and the hazards came on. This d-bag then tries to tell the cops that he was being blocked by me, and I was trying to "fraud" him with someone else on the road. While he was yelling at the cops they asked him what happened last week, and a year ago after they ran his record... apartently he was tazed a couple weeks ago by them, and a year ago arrested on road rage and attemped manslaughter in Oklahoma...Cops gave him wreckless driving ticket.

Progressive is still fighting his cheap arsed Direct General auto insurance due to they are unable to contact the driver, and he hasn't filed a claim on the car he was borrowing to do taxi service...

Word of adv to all my VW friends and commrades... If you are drunk and are taking a taxi, please call a reputable taxi company instead of your local "fly by night" taxi agencies, People like that scumbag most likely will be your driver!!!
Jesus..was an insurance car value check not an option? Sounds like a serious hit Ide have gotten a new vehicle instead of taking the chance
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #21
85RedGolf2.5
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Golf TDI w/DSG
pics are up in my thread on this... i guess I was more of a pin ball than anything...

"Yo Kate, where do you keep the casserole dishes? (Why?) The cat won't fit in the toaster." ALF
85RedGolf2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
cromaticx
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 Golf TDI Black 4dr DSG
Installed LED Interior Lights Super White 7 SMD Dome & Footwell Lights from eBay (China Made) -- (No Error Codes)

Installed Rear Metallic German Flag Euro Badge from Eurobadgez.com
2012 Black Golf TDI 4DR 6-Speed DSG, Sun & Nav Package | OEM Mudflaps | OEM Body Side Moldings | Neuspeed Turbo Discharge Damper | Color Matched Sidemarkers | ECS Blue Aspherical Blind Spot Mirrors | Rear /// Badge | 25F/5R Black Charcoal Tints |
cromaticx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #23
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Completed my Golf R Trifecta:

sorry it's so dark... Golf R MFSW, E-Brake Handle and Shifter/Boot done. Next is trim wrapped in CF.
VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
BlueDubbinTDI
FIA GT Champion

Bought my Universal Studios annual pass today. While that isn't a mod..I do get to drive my TDI 320 miles round trip everytime I go
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
Defcon888
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf TDi
Finished installing my Ed's replica headlights and coding. And I removed my side marker bulbs. No bulb errors!
tdi 4dr | black | APR (stage 1, carbonio) | gti exhaust conversion | "mufflerectomy" | audi rs3 reps | drivergear springs | fronts rolled | tinted | rear shades | red interior leds | "r" tails | "r" projectors | smoked markers | "poorman's hatch pop" | thule | yakima | tdi monster mats | "sawed" shifter | hood insulator, engine cover, spare tire delete | vag-com
Defcon888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
BlueDubbinTDI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon888 View Post
Finished installing my Ed's replica headlights and coding. And I removed my side marker bulbs. No bulb errors!
Highly respectable mod list sir
Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
(technically last night) added in my new ECS Tuning clear sidemarkers. The flash made them really look like they stand out, but they actually almost dissappear into the Reflex Silver color of the car

VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #28
YeahBuddy
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Diesel
Hand wash!

ED's 15 LED Headlights // Solo-Werk S1's // Dash Cubby // GTI Valence + Tips // Front Plate Delete // Deautokey LED Interiors - Plate lights // Door Sills // Injen CAI // OEM LED Tails // 18" Laguna Style // Toyo Proxes 4+
YeahBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote