GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highest mileage GTI on here?

Charlie Sheen

Ready to race!
8500 miles since February 18th... I think I will have to buy the car back after the lease

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
nice.. how you holding up?

It's doing pretty well. The waterpump makes noise occasionally, but the car still runs pretty well.

I'm thinking about getting the valves cleaned (because of possible carbon buildup).

No power mods, still on oem clutch, cold air intake, and catback exhaust. I've done oil changes every 5k miles since I got the car, and have done my own service (based off dealer mileage recommendations) once I was out of warranty.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Certainly not the highest, but I'll add another data point:

48k miles on my 2011 (bought used at 22k)
wastegate TSB
intake manifold replaced (recently, runs much better after replacement)
they had to monkey with my ODBII port to get the emissions scan to pass, their computer couldn't connect to my ECU due to pins not being aligned.

Original brake pads
original tires (one season swapped out for snows though)
no modifications
no other problems

Passed Driver's Ed
2013 4door 6speed got her in Feb with only 36 miles on her. 3 months later almost 9k. Going in Friday for water pump whining at high RPMs. Other then that she's been awesome..

Using Tapatalk 2

McQueen77

Banned
It's doing pretty well. The waterpump makes noise occasionally, but the car still runs pretty well.

I'm thinking about getting the valves cleaned (because of possible carbon buildup).

No power mods, still on oem clutch, cold air intake, and catback exhaust. I've done oil changes every 5k miles since I got the car, and have done my own service (based off dealer mileage recommendations) once I was out of warranty.

Nice to hear! Every time i get into this hypothetical next car mindset, i then take a look at finances, remember my car is paid off and then realize i have no choice but to get 100k miles out of it since we need a car payment like a hole in the head, so these stories are encouraging!

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
10k on April 2012
46k on May 2013
Wow 33k in 1 year! Wtf
Luckily, I transferred to a different job so I'll keep the mileage under 20k.

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368469220.600878.jpg Since Feb of 2010. Intake manifold and slight boost leak problem.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
This isn't going to take awards either- brought mine home late May 2011 and as of today, it is over 2 years old with 26,7xxx miles.

There is potential that in the future, I'll be driving a lot more as I want to move. I also plan on being done with car payments by next spring so I need this car to keep up with my active lifestyle for at least a few more years/ 100,000+ miles. I ain't made of money.

Plus, every time I try to justify another car I reflect on the GTI and why it is perfect for where I am in life right now.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Just bought my 2012 with 49K on it. It had impeccable service records, and I got it very, very cheap. Plus, it shares driving duty with 4 other cars, so it'll only get about 3k miles per year, if that, going forward.