thoughts?

2dr
DSG
United Gray
Autobahn
Bluetooth
18in Detroits
Bi Xenon

368 test drive miles (that's a lot of test drives and my only hesitation)

MSRP : $29,779
Invoice : $27,797
Edmunds TMV : $28,362
Quoted Price (before TTL) : $26,959

pvivino

Ready to race!
Buy it. Anything around invoice or below is reasonable. The dealer still makes money from the VW dealer incentives but I do not know how much.

Forget the few hundred miles on the car - you will have a few thousand miles on it in a month or two.

I like the United Gray - not too flashy but shows the red GTI accents nicely.

nytx

i am in california all week for work, so negotiations have been via email and phone. i havent even seen the car, and wont be able to until saturday. the internet sales woman, who has been very nice, wants me to seal the deal this week. but i cant make such a purchase without even seeing the car in person. i am trying to keep the conversation moving, to express my interest, but there is no way i can sign anything until saturday.

boofer

it is a demo with 370 miles though...meaning 50-100 people took test drives in it and/or employees took it home for the evening (and ripped through their favorite roads on their commute).

most GTIs in the DC area are going for anywhere between $500 and $1,000 under invoice right now. i would rather pay the same amount for a GTI with barely 10 miles on the odometer, but that's just me. one of the only good reasons for buying a new car is to get that peace of mind, knowing you're the only one to really drive the car (i.e. it has not been abused).

rigti9

Ready to race!
You should be able to have them hold it no problem, you don't have to sign anything until you see it. If you don't like something about it, find scratches/scuffs/etc. you can either have the dealer fix that for you before you buy the car, walk, or ask for discount because the car should be in "brand new" condition. I bought mine and they drove it down from Michigan to save me the truck fees. it had 257 miles on it when I got it. It had only been test driven 7 miles, but 250 was from the drive down to my dealer. I told them I wanted it, signed a sheet that I would buy IF everything checked out ok. You shouldn't have to put down a deposit to keep the car. Also, keep working with the internet saleswoman. internet salesmen don't work on commission, but on how many cars they can sell, so they'll get you the best deals. Again, you don't have to sign or put down ANY money until AFTER you check that car out. What's the worst that would happen if you say you want the car via phone and then show up and don't want it? They'll either try to find you another one or they'll find someone that wants that one. Good luck!