GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #43
ruck
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
That's a good question, I haven't noticed since I've been on WiFi every time. I know you definitely do for the initial flash but I want to say that once you have the file saved on your computer, you can flash without an internet connection. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me
ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #44
Nezoid
Autocross Champion

Drives: F23T DSG 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Do you people using Eurodyne preferably with Mastero know if it requires a internet connection each time you flash the car?
You only need an internet connection to use "Eurodyne Flash" to download/flash base tunes.

With Mastero, there are base files online you can download. But I didn't see anything for me. They sent me a Stage 1 Mastero file.

So no you don't need an internet connection to do the actual flash.
Nezoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #45
ImAuthenticFTW
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 CSG DSG 2-door Autobahn
Quote:
Do you people using Eurodyne preferably with Mastero know if it requires a internet connection each time you flash the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruck View Post
That's a good question, I haven't noticed since I've been on WiFi every time. I know you definitely do for the initial flash but I want to say that once you have the file saved on your computer, you can flash without an internet connection. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezoid View Post
You only need an internet connection to use "Eurodyne Flash" to download/flash base tunes.

With Mastero, there are base files online you can download. But I didn't see anything for me. They sent me a Stage 1 Mastero file.

So no you don't need an internet connection to do the actual flash.
When i ran Eurodyne on my Mk6 i didn't need an internet connection to flash a tune.

My Mk7 however, since it's currently just flashes and not Maestro yet, i need to connect to their server each time to load a new tune. However i loaded the stage 1.5 tune the week i bought the car and havent had a single issue or need to change it yet. Once i get a downpipe and go stage 2 i hope Maestro and the DSG tune are out for the Mk7
Old 10-22-2015, 11:14 PM   #46
Nezoid
Autocross Champion

If you are flashing a maestro file: No internet required

If you are flashing a base tune: Need internet connection
Old 10-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #47
MorePowah
Banned

Drives: 2013 vw GTI Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistid View Post
i find that hardto believe
+1
MorePowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:20 AM   #48
hawk
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Thinking of going stage 3 or stage 3+. Always ran APR software. Anyone have numbers on their stage 3 software? (WHP/WTQ) Much cheaper to buy used GT3071R and use eurodyne than APR.
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #49
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Thanks for the answers peoples :]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #50
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Ok, so from what it sounds like do you not need to take your car to a Eurodyne dealer for the first flash with the maestro suite or is this for those who've already had a flash done? I'm just slightly confused because if that's the case then I'm sold on Eurodyne lol. I'd love to flash it from the parking lot and not having to have the ECU removed like other brands require.
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #51
MorePowah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrown0509 View Post
Ok, so from what it sounds like do you not need to take your car to a Eurodyne dealer for the first flash with the maestro suite or is this for those who've already had a flash done? I'm just slightly confused because if that's the case then I'm sold on Eurodyne lol. I'd love to flash it from the parking lot and not having to have the ECU removed like other brands require.
Omg dude, please do some research
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #52
hbrown0509
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePowah View Post
Omg dude, please do some research
Sorry, but I'm new to this. I have done research just confirming as other forums is sifting through countless non informative posts. I appreciate viable feedback than getting "Omg dude, please do some research." That's what forums are for, not badgering people because they aren't sure. If you have nothing else to say other than this then please don't respond at all.
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #53
Nezoid
Autocross Champion

Quote:
You do not need to take your car to a Eurodyne dealer. You install the 3 files on their site, hook up the cable.. And start flashing. Just don't follow the instructions that come with the cable. They are old.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #54
MorePowah
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm new to this. I have done research just confirming as other forums is sifting through countless non informative posts. I appreciate viable feedback than getting "Omg dude, please do some research." That's what forums are for, not badgering people because they aren't sure. If you have nothing else to say other than this then please don't respond at all.
If you had done it, you would know many/most companies port flash, opening the ecu is no big deal anyway. Some guys here have had theirs done 5 or more times.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #55
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePowah View Post
If you had done it, you would know many/most companies port flash, opening the ecu is no big deal anyway. Some guys here have had theirs done 5 or more times.
not to mention Eurodynes own website has a post that is shown on almost every page(on the product page its to the left)on the home page its below where you select the car and it has a link titled below...
"OBD2 Port flashing for all MED17 ecuís now available
March 20, 2015"

If you click on it it then relays this info.
"
It is no longer necessary to ďUnlockĒ the MED17 ecuís found in most 2010-Present VW and Audi vehicles on the bench.
We can now flash all ecuís through the OBD port. Ecu removal is no longer required.
Customers who purchase Maestro, or the end user flash package can do this as well.
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:53 PM   #56
MorePowah
Banned

Quote:
not to mention Eurodynes own website has a post that is shown on almost every page(on the product page its to the left)on the home page its below where you select the car and it has a link titled below...
"OBD2 Port flashing for all MED17 ecuís now available
March 20, 2015"

If you click on it it then relays this info.
"
It is no longer necessary to ďUnlockĒ the MED17 ecuís found in most 2010-Present VW and Audi vehicles on the bench.
We can now flash all ecuís through the OBD port. Ecu removal is no longer required.
Customers who purchase Maestro, or the end user flash package can do this as well.
"
Are you saying that Apr now does port flashing????