GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Is there anyone with the option 2 on a Black Magic peal gti?
Id love to see pictures of them on the car.

anthoj

Hi Ed, this is the third time I'm posting here just to ask a simple question. Please respond. Do you carry the right-hand drive version of these headlight assemblies, you know for cars that drive on the other side like in England or Australia?

Thanks

zeromaru81

Hello, I need some advice installing Morimoto D2S kit to Ed's option 1 HID.

Where do I connect black and red wire from the headlight housing onD2S ballast?

Do I even need to ?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=242

As you can see it's just a straight connection from ballast to bulb.

Also, it seems I will have to drill a bigger hole on the plastic cover (one with HID sticker) in order to fit D2S wiring through. Will this void my warranty ?

Thanks.

edit: figured out that's where H7 Canbus wire gets plugged in, I'm such a newb at this lol.

Last edited:

Mortal Wombat

Passed Driver's Ed
Finished my coding today, here's my setup. You may want to add it to the coding post on the first page.

Car: 2010 Golf TDI, OEM everything with foglights, previously had halogen headlights.

All in 09-Central Electronic:
Byte 27, Bit 2: Check the box to get rid of bulb out error caused by LED city lights.
Byte 19, Bit 0-3: Disabled bulb life time extensionr from the dropdown
Byte 15, Bit 7: "DRL via separate Lights active" unchecked to disable OEM DRL
Byte 14, Bit 1: Checked the box to enable DRL with fog lights
Byte 24: Dimmed the DRL to 80% (personal preference)

Result: Bulb out error eliminated, fog lights act as DRL, LED city lights remain off when DRL are on.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
If you make the hole bigger in the rear cover, you need to make sure you seal it up well, otherwise water will get in...this is why D2H or D2S with AMP connectors is recommended.

Hello, I need some advice installing Morimoto D2S kit to Ed's option 1 HID.

Where do I connect black and red wire from the headlight housing onD2S ballast?

Do I even need to ?

As you can see it's just a straight connection from ballast to bulb.

Also, it seems I will have to drill a bigger hole on the plastic cover (one with HID sticker) in order to fit D2S wiring through. Will this void my warranty ?

Thanks.

edit: figured out that's where H7 Canbus wire gets plugged in, I'm such a newb at this lol.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
For stock levels as of October 28th.

I have the following in stock:

Option 1, Chrome without LEDs in stock
Option 4, Chrome with LEDS

I'm out of Option 2, and Option 3 will be available at the end of November.

Jeff43

Ready to race!
Strongly considering option 1, but I admittedly know little about what kit to get for it. I don't mind paying extra for quality/reliable HIDs. I'm between these 2 from the The Retrofit Source:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=177

Ballasts: Denso
Bulb Spec: PHillips 35w/4300
Wire Harness: H7
Wire Harness Type" Standalone Canbus

Ballasts: 35w Morimoto 3Five Standard (or should i get long cord)
Bulb Spec: 35w Morimoto 3Five
Kelvin: 4300k (I want OEM coloring)
Wire Harness: Canbus H7

Is there anything else I need? Did I get everything correct? lol

Thanks for helping a noob out on this...HIDs were the only option I wanted but my dealer could only find a car that had all the other options i wanted and not HIDs so i caved on the HIDs. (i have a 2010 that you could piece together individual options). Would love to finally get a very-close-to-OEM mod in there...

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Strongly considering option 1, but I admittedly know little about what kit to get for it. I don't mind paying extra for quality/reliable HIDs. I'm between these 2 from the The Retrofit Source:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=177

Ballasts: Denso
Bulb Spec: PHillips 35w/4300
Wire Harness: H7
Wire Harness Type" Standalone Canbus

Ballasts: 35w Morimoto 3Five Standard (or should i get long cord)
Bulb Spec: 35w Morimoto 3Five
Kelvin: 4300k (I want OEM coloring)
Wire Harness: Canbus H7

Is there anything else I need? Did I get everything correct? lol

Thanks for helping a noob out on this...HIDs were the only option I wanted but my dealer could only find a car that had all the other options i wanted and not HIDs so i caved on the HIDs. (i have a 2010 that you could piece together individual options). Would love to finally get a very-close-to-OEM mod in there...

Either options are fine, just remember, you need some sort of rubber grommet for the rear cover if you use the Denso ballasts, and you probably need to make the hole a little bigger to run the D2S plug.

If you don't want to bother enlarging the rear hole cover get the D2S plus with an AMP connector or use D2H bulbs which the retrofitsource sells.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
November 6th 2013 Stock Situation:

After these are gone, its unlikely I will be bringing in more stock. The factory changed their prices, and warranty, so its proving too costly to continue to sell them unless I significantly raise prices.

New Stock

Option 1 - Chrome, no LEDs - 2-3 sets left
Option 4 - Chrome with LEDs - 5 sets left

Option 3 - Black with LEDs, 6 sets will be available near the end of the month. Please contact me to reserve a set if you want.

Refurbs, and Seconds

Option 2- Black , no LEDs. Left side is brand new. Right Side is slightly used with minor water marks in the lense. Only one set available. $400 Shipped

Option 3 - Black with LEDs. Lens need to be replaced. New lenses are provided, you just need to bake them off and replace. Two sets like this. $350 Shipped

Option 4- Chrome with LEDs, new style with brighter LEDs. Right side adjuster needs to be repaired, or use some washers to aim the light higher. Left side the rear cover latch was damaged, but repaired. Lights were only used for a day. $400 Shipped.

I have one set of the Option 4 where the left lense needs to be replaced, a brand new replacement lense will be provided. Right side is fine. $350 shipped. Here is an idea of what it looks like.

On the Vortex, I have the 2012 Beetle headlights, Passat and Jetta headlights available as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.