GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiker369

on air, don't care
hey what do you mean by the resistor problem, if i buy the headlights will i have to switch any resistors or have you taken care of that already...

I think it's a hit or miss thing from the manufacturer. My set didn't have the high beam issue.

On topic for people with the LED drls, where do you tuck your lines with the resistor boxes and place your HID resistor? I put the HID one under neath the headlight and the ones for the LEDs are just hanging, but I noticed recently that they move around a ton and it's audible from the inside of the car when driving even with the music on and windows down. Any ideas?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
I think it's a hit or miss thing from the manufacturer. My set didn't have the high beam issue.

On topic for people with the LED drls, where do you tuck your lines with the resistor boxes and place your HID resistor? I put the HID one under neath the headlight and the ones for the LEDs are just hanging, but I noticed recently that they move around a ton and it's audible from the inside of the car when driving even with the music on and windows down. Any ideas?

You can use some double sided tape for the ballasts and zip ties to help secure the wiring. Or. this is where some people install the ballast so they don't move around.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
My current stock situation as of Dec 5th.

Option 1 - 2 new sets, 2 used sets. The used sets are fine, they had traded for the LED versions sometime in the past. $500 a set shipped for the new ones, and $400 shipped for the used ones.

Option 3 - Black with LEDs. I have 7 sets in stock, all brand new. $600 Shipped.

Option 4 - Chrome with LEDs, I have 10 sets in stock, brand new. $600 Shipped

Add $70 for the HID kit. It's an improved model, these are the Hylux brand. These sell for up to $100-120 a set elsewhere.

Just pm or email me at: Edward@becautoparts.com if you are interested.

mkegti37

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a picture of these next to OEM leds? My brother bought these on 2012, and the LEDs are a lot dimmer than a GTI with stock Xenons. If they've gotten brighter, I would buy a set for my car.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
His byte 18 coding could be wrong. I find them brighter (or as bright as) OEM - albeit the LEDs are whiter.
But did find with some codes the less are dimmer and with what works for me the LEDs are brighter.

Here's a crappy photo

Last edited:

Krismark6

Passed Driver's Ed
Ed,

Im interested in purchasing a set, I just have to decide what looks best on BMP, chrome or all black, im leaning towards all black since i want to laminx the fogs yellow and maybe black out emblems soon.. hmm decisions

Has there been any progress on the peeling issues?
would u recommend applying a bead of silicone around the headlights before install?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I may try the jumper again. Idk. What type of wire are you using? I was using pickup wire used for stereos to just transfer the current but the wire would break from time to time. :/

But when I did have the lights coded the same way you do (LEDs as DRLs and off in other switch positions unless added jumper) the side markers were always on.

Had a go at messing with the coding today and could not get the sidemarkers to go off when in drl position.
DRLs only work when you check byte 24 bit 7 and byte 15 bit 6. Turning either of these off or both disables the drls and no drl light shows on the dash.
My byte 18 is 04 and it's most probably to do with that also. But everything else works fine with the 04 code so not sure what other one works as well with rear LEDs with fog.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
So the additional $70 HID is only an upgrade? The $600 will still give me everything I need including HIDs?

KeepingItStock

Passed Driver's Ed
Any option #1 left? Do you need a highline CECM for the LEDs to work?

Krismark6

Passed Driver's Ed
Placed my order earlier this week, ed has great communication..

I also ordered a euro switch with trigger wire, but ed told me it wasn't needed since I have OEM fogs.

I just want to code so that off is no lights, with the option to turn on led drls from mfi. Park position is LEDs w/ park lights and I can turn on fogs.. The headlight position is lowbeams w/ LEDs..

I thought I needed the trigger to run fogs in park position? I've used Vag com before but this coding helper stuff is new to me. I need to know which bytes to change and values? I'd like the coming home or leaving home feature too. Can someone lead me in the right direction?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
You need the trigger wire to run the parking lights only. It's nothing to do with fog lights.

The LEDs are on the parking light circuit. To do what you want you need to just get a euro switch and install the trigger wire. Should work like that straight out.

Maybe need to set byte 24 bit 2 to on (LEDs used for parking lights/drls) to ensure no bulb out errors.

Have a look through the forum and the vag-com tweak threads for the other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.