GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any recent GTI owners wishing they waited for the MK7 US release?

Boomers

Ready to race!
I'm so happy with my 2012 that if I could score the right deal i'd trade it in for a 2013 to start the odometer at 0 again because it's going to be my last vw for a while. Basically the whole made in Mexico ruins it and the only ones that really understand are those that have owned Mexican made vw's.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
its between the new S3 or BMW 235i for my next car… Might be silly but I am not feeling the whole made in Mehico thing

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'll be purchasing my leased MK6 when it comes off
lease late December.
My intention is to drive it for about a year, and get back into a MK7 through a lease roughly this time next year,
Of course, once the MK6 is mine, who knows?
I may decide to keep it.
I will want to tune it.

Of course leasing a MK7 will get me back under a full warranty again, plus the monthly payments will be less...

snowsled

Ready to race!
I am amazed at the amount of discussion. The solution seems incredibly simple to me. You bought the Mk6 because you needed a car. Now simply wait for the Mk7 to show up on dealer lots and go decide if you like it better. If you do, trade your Mk6 for a Mk7 and problem solved. The new cars are not here yet, nobody really knows how the differences are going to manifest themselves.

They are cars... rapidly depreciating disposable assets. I have owned over 50, I do not become attatched to them or worry about having the newest or best, really good works fine for me. My '13 GTI certainly seems to be a really good car, what would there be to regret?

Cbrad4d

I'll be purchasing my leased MK6 when it comes off
lease late December.
My intention is to drive it for about a year, and get back into a MK7 through a lease roughly this time next year,
Of course, once the MK6 is mine, who knows?
I may decide to keep it.
I will want to tune it.

Of course leasing a MK7 will get me back under a full warranty again, plus the monthly payments will be less...

I'm thinking the same thing. By then it'll be 2016 and hopefully Mexico will have figured out what the hell they're doing by then.

Also, thanks all. So stoaked I found this forum.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'm thinking the same thing. By then it'll be 2016 and hopefully Mexico will have figured out what the hell they're doing by then.

Also, thanks all. So stoaked I found this forum.

Yeah, I'm in a bit of an odd situation of timing.
With my lease ending Dec. 23rd, I could lease another MK6 - but I don't want to lock into another 3 years in one with the MK7 less than a year away from my lease termination.
If the MK7s were to have been here by Dec. '13, I would have just rolled into one.

Now, when I purchase my MK6 - I could just keep it since I'll own it and my mileage is ridiculously low.
Plus, I can tune it which is something I wouldn't do to a leased vehicle.
But leasing a MK7 will cost me less per month than buying my MK6.
Plus, I love driving a car with a full warranty for three years.

Kad10

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought a 2011 MK6 Autobahn and tbh, I love it. Coming from a C350 I wanted a "hot hatch" that was fun, easy to maintain (big diy'er here), and can tow my road bikes to races.

Love it and have no regrets, especially after seeing the price estimates for an MK7 without the "AutoBahn" package. Not gonna lie, Im pretty jealous about the LSD but Im sure aftermarket tuners will have one out for us soon(if not already done)

doc1

Passed Driver's Ed
a few of the new parts sound nice. but I'm quite happy with the Mk6. still looks better to me for now (but then again, I haven't seen the 7 in the flesh yet...). and then there's the money side of things.

Staying with the 6 for the foreseeable future.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I'm in a bit of an odd situation of timing.
With my lease ending Dec. 23rd, I could lease another MK6 - but I don't want to lock into another 3 years in one with the MK7 less than a year away from my lease termination.
If the MK7s were to have been here by Dec. '13, I would have just rolled into one.

Now, when I purchase my MK6 - I could just keep it since I'll own it and my mileage is ridiculously low.
Plus, I can tune it which is something I wouldn't do to a leased vehicle.
But leasing a MK7 will cost me less per month than buying my MK6.
Plus, I love driving a car with a full warranty for three years.

Tune now if you're planning to buy it!

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Look at all the issues the 2010 GTIs have compared to the 2013s…. I would never get the first gen of a new car. Too many issues that may come up that will eventually get fixed a couple years later. Plus at that point there should be a lot more modding options.

McQueen77

Banned
I know consumer reports is lame but reliability wise, the 2010 gti used to be recommended and had average overall reliability but has since dropped to below average reliability and is no longer recommended. The newer ones have had plenty of problems. Mine has had none of the problems that are supposedly so common

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I know consumer reports is lame but reliability wise, the 2010 gti used to be recommended and had average overall reliability but has since dropped to below average reliability and is no longer recommended. The newer ones have had plenty of problems. Mine has had none of the problems that are supposedly so common

I have a 2011, kinda glad cause id be alittle worried about the longevity of the push button start and headlight LEDs on the newer gtis. When that warranty runs out id be concerned about the cost to fix those.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2011, kinda glad cause id be alittle worried about the longevity of the push button start and headlight LEDs on the newer gtis. When that warranty runs out id be concerned about the cost to fix those.

push button start is the shit. Call me old fashioned, I'm still amazed at the fact of being able to unlock my car and start the engine with a push of a button WITHOUT my keys ever leaving my pocket. dat tech be so cray these days mang