GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #561
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Does anyone lube the blue seals before putting the manifold back on? With what if so?

Also, does everyone put their manifold bracket back on? Thing sucks
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #562
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 4DR Wolfsburg 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer View Post
Does anyone lube the blue seals before putting the manifold back on? With what if so?

Also, does everyone put their manifold bracket back on? Thing sucks
Lube the blue injector seals with silicone free motor oil. Obviously do not lube the white Teflon seals. The manifold bracket is the trickiest part of the job. I installed it after the manifold was in place, given that seating the injectors is the highest priority. It's much easier with the TB removed.
APR Stage 2 v2.4 93 tune, APR Cast Downpipe, DIY RSR Clutch, Peloquin LSD, iABED RMS, Carbonio Stage 1 Intake, Diesel Geek Sigma 6, SuperPro ALK, H&R 26mm/24mm swaybars, Subframe collar kit, Stoptech 309 Pads, Centric Rotors, TS Brake Bushing Kit, Motul RBF600 Fluid, Yokohama ad08r's on OZ 17" Omnia (Track), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on Serrons(Street) Build Thread
Ronnie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #563
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie_B View Post
Lube the blue injector seals with silicone free motor oil. Obviously do not lube the white Teflon seals. The manifold bracket is the trickiest part of the job. I installed it after the manifold was in place, given that seating the injectors is the highest priority. It's much easier with the TB removed.
I put the white (teflon) seals on by hand and used a zip tie to tighten them, but I wasn't sure about which lubricant to use on the blue seals, obviously I don't want an issue with them.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #564
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

https://youtu.be/WUfVeO2SJUs
Old 02-15-2018, 12:51 AM   #565
mikedesamero83

Drives: 2011 Red GTI
I was throwing a cylinder 3 misfire. I decided to try the cheaper fix: CRC GDI Intake Valve Cleaner. I have 80k miles.

1 month later: check engine light hasn't come back on, acceleration seems smoother, no rough idle.

Good fix for the price. I might spray another bottle after another 1K miles.
mikedesamero83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #566
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedesamero83 View Post
I was throwing a cylinder 3 misfire. I decided to try the cheaper fix: CRC GDI Intake Valve Cleaner. I have 80k miles.

1 month later: check engine light hasn't come back on, acceleration seems smoother, no rough idle.

It's very good for dissolving carbon, but to do really breaking down, 30 minutes of it sitting on a valve will do wonders, simply sweeping passed it won't do a whole lot. After cleaning mine manually the first time, I literally let the valves sit over 24 hours in b12 chemtool and even then, they had to be scrapped and cleaned with effort.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #567
wmssbr10
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedesamero83 View Post

I had 80k no CEL's and no rough idle but was going K04 so did cleaning and tensioner. The valves were caked and gummy with carbon. A lot of 2+2 gum cutter and scraping was necessary to clean them up.
wmssbr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #568
GroceryGTIer
Rally Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmssbr10 View Post
I had 80k no CEL's and no rough idle but was going K04 so did cleaning and tensioner. The valves were caked and gummy with carbon. A lot of 2+2 gum cutter and scraping was necessary to clean them up.
If you use that GDI cleaner and let it soak, you hardly have to scrape it, same with b12 chemtool

Last edited by GroceryGTIer; 02-16-2018 at 10:07 PM.