GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Dude if that was me I would be pissed. That's a long drive and wait to have nothing happen.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
But you do bring up a good point. #Firstworldproblems.

But is it really that ridiculous? I mean, I do live in a first world country and it's not like I'm throwing a hot latte at a Starbucks barista for not putting enough froth in my drink, right?

:laugh:

I'm just juxtaposing it against, say, problems like always being starving and living in a place where civil wars are fought by child soldiers with AK-47s....

But yeah, what good is making an appointment at this joint? I mean, you have to have a JOB to pay for this cray shit, right? A little respect for that would be nice.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I've been thinking about holding off on trying to put these in... I've honestly been loving my stock suspension lately. The whole reason I picked these up was a squeak started manifesting going over bumps in the freezing temps. I don't know if it was the strut mounts, or the VWR sways, or what the hell was squeaking but it's not happening at al now.

So do I A.) sell these and use the money for other mods B.) hang onto them and install after my stock components take another beating this winter or C.) just have them put in.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
I just went over a speed bump and heard the squeeking. It close to the 40's again and rainy... If it only happens when it's cold it's gotta be the strut mounts, right?

If it were the sways it'd happen in all weather...

The deadset collars are on so the subframe ain't moving at all.

Its probably your sways. Have you greased the bushings at all? Mine used to squeak like crazy until I greased them. Everyone once in a while they'll squeak a bit but its not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
^no, I didn't grease them... I did spray silicone spray about a month ago but that probably didn't last long. I'll grease them up soon. But as I mentioned, they really don't squeak in weather above 50. I'm thing of adding some Endlinks up front soon as well.

On another note, my can came back from 42dd with a new plug in like a day. Excellent customer service. They had to weld a pice of metal to the plug and then stick a wrench on the metal to get it out. Genius.

I took 10 minutes over my lunch break to put it back on:

Last edited:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Summer plans for the R...

Definitely doing:
1.) new south boost gauge with column mount
2.) HPA dogbone
3.) paint correction on rock chips
4.) Opti-coat

Strongly considering
1.) upgraded pads/rotors/brake lines/fluid
2.) Haldex upgrade (hopefully flash will be available)
3.) euro cup holder/Underseat drawers
4.) Endlinks for front sways
5.) 034 engine/tranny mounts

In danger of becoming a late night drunken purchase:
1.) APR mobile

Also, I think I am just going to install the FSD's/VWR springs/034 strut mounts. I'll need to find out what bolts I needs for this and also get new bearings.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I just went over a speed bump and heard the squeeking. It close to the 40's again and rainy... If it only happens when it's cold it's gotta be the strut mounts, right?

If it were the sways it'd happen in all weather...

The deadset collars are on so the subframe ain't moving at all.

Dude my car does this too, it is a common MK6 platform issue. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mine squeaks only when below 45F also. I honestly don't even care. Some went through great lengths trying to get this remedied...

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
thank god the rim isnt touched.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Is the squeak up front ?, mine was the strut mount bearing, squeak stopped after I changed it out on my old GTI