GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 11-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #29
relicstrat
Autocross Newbie

Drives: '13 CW GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr
Here is 2013R's youtube video on how to do the DSG fluid change. Vagcom temp monitoring starts at 15:01 of the video.

Depo LED tails | OEM Euro front lip spoiler | OPD sequential LED Mirror turn signals & puddle lights | Euro Headlight Switch | LED Interior | Gauge Sweep | LED interior door warning lights | DG Springs | Ross-Tech Micro-Can cable | 2001 Suburban | 1991 Z28 Camaro
relicstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #30
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
I had a leak and had to replace that o-ring again. The torque specs are 15 ft lb for the filter housing, 33 ft lb for that drain plug (use new aluminum washer).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
zsm722
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG 4dr GTI w/DSG
I'm about to do this next weekend so thanks for the tips. Instead of monitoring in VAGCOM you can also use an IR thermometer and point it at the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zsm722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #32
0-60Motorsports
Oval Newbie

Drives: VW Golf R MK6, 04 M3cs
Excellent DIY and info here. Just a question, So after the DSG oil change if the temp is 45c or above in VAGCOM does that mean i have overfilled the DSG box? And have to drain it a bit as shown in the video? Thanks.
0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:49 AM   #33
0-60Motorsports
Oval Newbie

Also, Is there a way to be sure about the amount of fluid actually needed even after we measure how much came out? I mean is there a way to tell the Box has the right amount of fluid required after filling up with new fluid. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #34
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

I would say it's more important to drain and fill normally than to try a flush and measure temps, or even measure what comes out. What if the level was low or too high and you replicate it?? The fluid can be done at room temperature. Once the special piece is back in the drain, it won't come out until the level is full.
Quote:
Quote:
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.

Last edited by zrickety; 06-02-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #35
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
Guys this whole temperature issue is completely overblown...
Open up a factory filled room temp DSG and it will piss fluid, mine sure as hell did.

Once you refill it at room temperature, and you drain everything past the snorkle you will be LESS full than the factory fill.

If you get it up to 45C and drain then, you will be LESS full than even prior.

Frankly it doesn't fking matter. I have yet to hear of a factory car that wasn't "overfilled" and guess what nothing fking happened... these things have an emergency drain built into them anyways.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:31 AM   #36
0-60Motorsports
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
I would say it's more important to drain and fill normally than to try a flush and measure temps, or even measure what comes out. What if the level was low or too high and you replicate it?? The fluid can be done at room temperature. Once the special piece is back in the drain, it won't come out until the level is full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtdi View Post
Guys this whole temperature issue is completely overblown...
Open up a factory filled room temp DSG and it will piss fluid, mine sure as hell did.

Once you refill it at room temperature, and you drain everything past the snorkle you will be LESS full than the factory fill.

If you get it up to 45C and drain then, you will be LESS full than even prior.

Frankly it doesn't fking matter. I have yet to hear of a factory car that wasn't "overfilled" and guess what nothing fking happened... these things have an emergency drain built into them anyways.
Thanks for your inputs gents. Was just trying to understand the process before I ask my tech to assist me to do this (So i can take pics). With the heat getting up to 122f yesterday I need to do this.......yesterday lol.

I'll update the thread once the parts and ol arrives.....Thank you again.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #37
bigkielbasa
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2014 Golf TDI
I've got a long way to go to 40k (around 4200 now), but have been looking into how I'll handle the 40k DSG service. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate threads like this.

Sorry if this is off topic, but do you guys do your own work on the other required stuff at the 30k and 40k?
bigkielbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #38
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkielbasa View Post
I've got a long way to go to 40k (around 4200 now), but have been looking into how I'll handle the 40k DSG service. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate threads like this.

Sorry if this is off topic, but do you guys do your own work on the other required stuff at the 30k and 40k?
What are you asking?

The DSG service is every 40k.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #39
bigkielbasa
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2014 Golf TDI
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I know a lot of guys have done the DSG service(s) themselves at 40 and 80k, mainly because of the high cost of having it done at the dealer. I guess my question was pertaining to all of the other maintenance intervals - do most of you guys do your own oil changes, plugs, filter changes, et cetera? Or do you pay the dealer/local trusted guy to do the less-expensive stuff?
bigkielbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #40
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

I do everything.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #41
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkielbasa View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I know a lot of guys have done the DSG service(s) themselves at 40 and 80k, mainly because of the high cost of having it done at the dealer. I guess my question was pertaining to all of the other maintenance intervals - do most of you guys do your own oil changes, plugs, filter changes, et cetera? Or do you pay the dealer/local trusted guy to do the less-expensive stuff?
All depends on dealer etc. I let the dealer do the oil changes because they are cheaper than the parts for my TDI.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #42
JJSimp91

Drives: 2011 Golf TDI 6 Spd.
Maybe a stupid question here, but this would be the same method for a 6 speed manual TDI?
JJSimp91 is offline   Reply With Quote